Thread: Heat pump advice

Post Likes

Heat pump advice

I purchased a new 2.5 ton heat pump & installation from a local company. My old heat pump was 20 years old and had had quit working. They said they recommend Tempstar and Tempstar has 10 year warranty. I looked online and all of the Tempstar models except the least expensive one (model n4h4/5 year warranty) has 10 year warranty so I made my decision based on that information. I looked at my new heat pump closely and there is no brand name just the model number r4h430gkp100 . I looked the model up and it says 5 year warranty. I paid $ for the the new heat pump, air handler and thermostat. I've got to call them because when I set it to fan the fan doesn't work. Would you complain to them about the no brand and 5 year warranty?
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-22-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Post Likes
    Reading it that’s a Heil system, or Tempstar and probably other brands under the same umbrella of International Comfort Products/Carriet as is Tempstar and a bunch of other brands.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pA0KhZGFV58t-Y

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fh9SBMvevd1bND

Says you got to register the system to get the 10/10 compressor and parts warranty.

Post Likes
    You have to register it to get the warranty. Was that done?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I will ask them if they registered it when I call them to fix the fan. I guess I shouldn't complain. They said they were installing a Tempstar. Tempstar and Heil seem to be the same.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomtn View Post
    I will ask them if they registered it when I call them to fix the fan. I guess I shouldn't complain. They said they were installing a Tempstar. Tempstar and Heil seem to be the same.
    I wouldn’t leave it up to them to register it, do it yourself, need serial number of each piece installed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FdXmND10RNS51j

If it bothers you, tell them to bring a plastic clip on Tempstar logo that suppose to go on the OD unit,...it’s the least they can do for you for you giving them your business.

Post Likes
    I tried to register my heat pump and the website said that it was already registered. The company that installed my heat pump system sent me a letter where they register it. The heat pump, coil and air handler have a 10 year warranty. They said to be sure to save the letter for my records. I like my new heat pump except it cycles on more than my old one. My old thermostat had about a 5 degree difference between coming on and turning off. I might ask them how much they would charge for a thermostat with an adjustable temperature differential or a thermostat with more of a temperature differential.