+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elbow pain from working in the trade

Post Likes

Elbow pain from working in the trade

Hey all..
    It's been a long time since I visited the site. I'm sure most of you can relate, but life is BUSY!!

First, please don't tell me to go see a doctor, physio, massage etc...
    IVE BEEN THERE

I just want your simple solution to my problem, as I'm sure there are many of you out there experiencing the same pain.
    The basic term is "Golfer's Elbow" it's a constant dull ache on the inside of your elbow in between the small bone and the large bone. Normally it's a dull ache with some numbness, especially when the arm is bent for a prolonged period. Obviously I can't "rest" the golfer's elbow.

Short of cutting off my arm have any of you experienced this?
    Have any of you treated it with success?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Post Likes
    I had it, actually I am getting over it now. Rest is the best thing or as much as possible. I avoided my left arm as much as I could, not easy. I used ice, some anti inflammatory meds and Tiger Balm. It takes forever but mine is getting better.

3. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Applying heat and then cold helps. Lidocaine cream or diclofenac cream help with pain.

Post Likes
    As a chiller/central plant mechanic for decades, mine was caused by turning wrenches and pulling on chain falls all day every day. At times, I would suddenly lose all grip strength in my hand for a few minutes till the pain eased. These helped me deal with it, but I can't say it healed anything. Rest is the only thing that provided any long term relief. Hard to do when you're working 6 days a week, I know.

https://www.amazon.com/Elbow-Brace-T...ag=googhydr-20

Post Likes
    This business can take a toll on your body. When your young you just do what you have to do to get the job done, not worrying about the effect on your body. Pulling those compressors up to the roof and setting them place in awkward positions, all the bending/stooping, Lifting the walk-in evaps into place, all the turning/twisting of wrenches. All the sudden your in your fifties and falling apart. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, Elbow issues (usually goes away with rest). Now I'm turning 60 and dealing with lower back issues.

Post Likes
    Key is don’t get old.
    All the abuses you put your body thru in your 20’s & 30’s bite you in your 50’s- 60’s

8. Likes jackintheboxtec, BBeerme, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My knees started hurting ~6.5 years ago. Tried Purity Products HA Joint Formula. That worked for about five years, then started losing its effectiveness. Switched to Relief Factor, works like a champ. I even take half of the recommended amount. Nice to have just a tiny bit of pain to remind me to take it easy.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I have no idea if this is sound therapy. I hurt myself in a caving incident in a canyon. I was told it was a sciatic nerve issue. The doc said to take it easy. Problem was I wanted to cave. For a year or so I took doc's advice but got no where with the pain. So I joined a Gym and did strenuous workouts based on a rotation of 12 different machines over a timed period of 45 minutes. In about 3 months I got in my best shape since Basic and lost the pain forever.
    Not saying this could work but I know a body tends to respond to adversity rather than rest. Not always though. When I asked another doc "Hey, it hurts when I do this." He said "then don't do it!" It is true there is a division between Med docs not advising to push your body. Not sure if that advice is always true.

In most of my experience, take it easy hasn't lived up to it's promise. It's good to find out if exercise might make it worse though. Shouldn't take long.
    Docs didn't often send people to physical therapy in years past. They had a let the body heal mindset. Today not so much.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

11. Likes heatingman, Unlimited1, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    About 18 months ago I could hardly walk. Steps were one at a time shuffle.
    Shopping was only with a cart to hang onto as a walker.

Doctor said that I need 2 new hips.

My wife needed massage therapy for an injury and we found a girl to come to the house for massage, we had our own table.

She would work on just my hip and upper leg sciatic nerves with her elbows. She would find the nerve and roll it around with the elbow. Yes, some pain...I think her feet were off the floor as this was done. Both she and my wife were entertained by my whimpering as you knew when she found the right spot.

This went on weekly for several months and then combined with visits to the chiropractor
    I am able to walk, do steps normally and even dance for 4 continuous hours.

People have asked me how the hip replacements went when they see me walking normally and are surprised that the surgery never happened.

So anyone with the hip pain...you will know it when it happens....find a massage therapist familiar with sciatic treatment and give it a try.
    Insurance did not cover this treatment but it was certainly worth it.

As a bonus she is really a young and pretty girl.

13. Likes Turtleman, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    1+(800) 800-1200 Andrew Lessman ProCaps vitamins. I don't know anything about what you have, KickedGinger but his people are knowledgeable and he has a lot of products. I order from Amazon.

Post Likes
    Anti inflammatory meds might help. You could also use a topical cbd oil if your state allows it. It helped me when my boy was jumping on me in the middle of the store and threw my back out. My wife and daughter had to carry me out of the store.

16. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    youtube and search for "Brad and Bob" They are great.
    Doug

Post Likes
    What do they do?

Post Likes
    I think it's "Bob and Brad"
    Doug

Post Likes
    i take the gnc mens stress formula, tumeric cucumin ,Glucosamine Chondroitin ,fish oil and randomly use cbd..i learned of cbd through my co workers...they say cbd will give a false positive on a drug test as its a very low dose...but as long as my employer knows about it in advance, all is good...

and rest is very important, for me thats very hard to do, i am always building,repairing or designing something, lol

Post Likes
    LOL here, How bout the PITA pain the I get from certain customers????

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    LOL here, How bout the PITA pain the I get from certain customers????
    It usually goes away with a fat check and some time.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

23. Likes joemach liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I really think battery tools helped me.
    I wish I would have had one of theses about 20 years ago.Name:  Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 10.26.11 AM.png
Views: 484
Size:  214.0 KB

Post Likes
    I find that I favor my left hand when i hold my smart phone... The prolonged grip will make mine flare up! I try to use ear buds or my right hand
    I know the guy who know's the "Chiller Whisperer"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joegrind View Post
    I find that I favor my left hand when i hold my smart phone... The prolonged grip will make mine flare up! I try to use ear buds or my right hand
    You could use speakerphone and not even touch it while you are speaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in