Thread: Johnson Controls AHU-102 Logic Board Help

Post Likes

Johnson Controls AHU-102 Logic Board Help

I recently had an old Johnson Controls AHU-102 logic board go offline. I got a replacement board from Asset Technologies. Installed board, downloaded program and then checked in commissioning mode. All looked good. Then went to front end computer to check and make sure online and all values are good. What I found was replacement board was offline. The board was producing a critical alarm at front end computer. The alarm is for incompatible. Defining type 115, installed type 195. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Not familiar with the board type, but i have to ask the obvious:
    (1) is the address correct?
    (2) is it communicating on the right protocol (N2, LON, etc)

Your best bet is to go back to Asset Technologies and see if they encountered this before - once you verify (1) & (2).

Post Likes

Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Bberry440 View Post
    I recently had an old Johnson Controls AHU-102 logic board go offline. I got a replacement board from Asset Technologies. Installed board, downloaded program and then checked in commissioning mode. All looked good. Then went to front end computer to check and make sure online and all values are good. What I found was replacement board was offline. The board was producing a critical alarm at front end computer. The alarm is for incompatible. Defining type 115, installed type 195. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What version of HVAC pro are you using. What's the front end, PMI or newer Metasys

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    What version of HVAC pro are you using. What's the front end, PMI or newer Metasys

Found my notes -- you have downloaded the incorrect device.

Post Likes
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Clinton/Documents/N2%20Device%20IDs.html[/IMG]

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Found my notes -- you have downloaded the incorrect device.
    N2 Device IDs.pdf

Post Likes
    Looks like he got a JCI facilitator board instead of a metasys board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Integrater. Thank you for that link. That is much appreciated. I have never had this problem before. I need a different board correct. There is no way to change board I got?

Everyone else that posted thank you for help as well.

Post Likes
    Looks like you got a FA-AHU-102 instead of a AS-AHU-102. Contact your supply house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I believe there was a Rev A and a Rev B for the 102's. We were pretty happy when they stopped making them. Sometimes when they were shutoff they would lock up and never comeback, almost like the FX60's.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

11. Likes JCIman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    I believe there was a Rev A and a Rev B for the 102's. We were pretty happy when they stopped making them. Sometimes when they were shutoff they would lock up and never comeback, almost like the FX60's.
    I was pretty happy when you could put FEC's on the N2 trunk. Before that there was not an easy way to replace them.