+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust fan and furnace vent tied together

Post Likes

Exhaust fan and furnace vent tied together

Wish the pics could show it better. Her soon to be ex husband is a licensed carpenter, electrician, plumber.
    I got a call because water was coming out of a vent. Wasn’t sure if she meant a duct or a vent. He had tied the exhaust fan right into the vent with a sanitary tee. Pretty ingenious for an idiot. All exhaust was coming back into the house.
    It may have halfway worked if he didn’t have a sag in the pipe right after the tee. It may have only halfway killed them that way.
    Idiots! I see idiots.
    Heading back tomorrow to cut out walls and turn it back on minus the exhaust fan and minus the sag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    WTF...
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

3. Likes Zamoramax, STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpwv View Post
    Wish the pics could show it better. Her soon to be ex husband is a licensed carpenter, electrician, plumber.
    I got a call because water was coming out of a vent. Wasn’t sure if she meant a duct or a vent. He had tied the exhaust fan right into the vent with a sanitary tee. Pretty ingenious for an idiot. All exhaust was coming back into the house.
    It may have halfway worked if he didn’t have a sag in the pipe right after the tee. It may have only halfway killed them that way.
    Idiots! I see idiots.
    Heading back tomorrow to cut out walls and turn it back on minus the exhaust fan and minus the sag.

She should Tonya Harding his butt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Isn't that attempted murder?

6. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    Isn't that attempted murder?
    He built that room and installed the vent so he didn’t have to go outside to smoke. Did I mention I see idiots? Idiots that put food on my table, though.

Post Likes
    All I got is WOW

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpwv View Post
    He built that room and installed the vent so he didn’t have to go outside to smoke. Did I mention I see idiots? Idiots that put food on my table, though.
    I once had a guy that paid me to install three exhaust fans in his rec room so that he couldn't smell the cat's litter box. I would have just moved the litter box but who am I to argue with money?

10. Likes jeffpwv, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Bet the vent never even worked right. 2" pvc whats that good for on that little fart fan? 5 cfm?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    I once had a guy that paid me to install three exhaust fans in his rec room so that he couldn't smell the cat's litter box. I would have just moved the litter box but who am I to argue with money?
    Never understood litter box placement in some houses. Always find next to furnace. Wtf. Spread that smell thru the house, really ? Daughter wanted a cat. Litter box went in bathroom. Why not human litter box is there. Makes more sense. Unless you have a weird cat that wants to come and cop a squat with you.

Post Likes
    Well it’s got a back draft damper doesn’t it?

That was a bad joke.

14. Likes jeffpwv liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My townhouse was built in the 1970s, and all the bathroom fans exhaust into the interstitial space above the sheetrock. Whoever built it was too cheap to run exhaust to the roof. At least I have electric heat, or they probably would have done the same to the furnace ;-)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steve wright View Post
    Well it’s got a back draft damper doesn’t it?

That was a bad joke.
    LOL.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in