Thread: Foot problems?

Post Likes

Foot problems?

Any of you guys had issues with your feet hurting?

A couple years ago I got Gout real bad in my big toe on my right side. Luckily it hasn't came back. Just recently I developed some intense pain in my heel, which from what I've read, seems a lot like Achilles Tendinitis.

I have an appointment set up for tomorrow to see what is going on. Surely they will throw some pills at me tell me to stay off of it (not happening ).

I wonder that if I get some better boots then some of these problems will go away. Who knows, sucks getting older.

Post Likes
    Could be that or plantar fasciitis among other things. Proper fitting shoes-boots would be a must probably in any case.

May want to see a Dr. frankly. If you want to self treat consider a foot brace to wear at night and special stretching exercises.

I should say a podiatrist.
    Last edited by pageyjim; 11-17-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Could be that or plantar fasciitis among other things. Proper fitting shoes-boots would be a must probably in any case.

May want to see a Dr. frankly. If you want to self treat consider a foot brace to wear at night and special stretching exercises.

I should say a podiatrist.
    I ruled out plantar fasciitis because I read it was mainly the bottom of the heel towards the arch. All the pain is strictly on the back and higher up on the heel. Happens to both feet but this time it is worse on the one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I ruled out plantar fasciitis because I read it was mainly the bottom of the heel towards the arch. All the pain is strictly on the back and higher up on the heel. Happens to both feet but this time it is worse on the one.
    Sounds about right. A podiatrist visit still may be in order if not you still may want to try a boot at night and stretching exercises. Ice, raise leg, rest OTC anti inflammatory meds etc before it gets worse and chronic. I have dealt with a lot of foot problems and they are a pain.

Also the gout was it self diagnosed? That could be traumatic arthritis too.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    i use the gel inserts with arch support,(it goes by weight) sometimes icyhot works for pain relief..I have also been taking CBD oil for awhile now and that also helps..it takes about 7-10 days to feels the effects of it in my experience..

Post Likes
    Do you wear the same shoes/boots every day? How long have you worn them, weeks, months? If you been wearing them for some time it could be the inner support of the shoe has kind of collapsed and now your heal & foot are at an odd angle. I've tried the gel inserts they didn't work for me and bought some really expensive supports which did work well, but as said expensive (about $250). The big thing for me was to figure out what caused the inflammation. For me it was the break down of the inner support. I've settled on Sketchers composite work shoe (looks like a tennis shoe) and a Merrell moccasin, slip on. I find I need to replace my work shoes about every 5 to 6 months. My regular shoes maybe 8 months. If I go longer than that, for either shoe my feet start to talk to me. I've tried about 50 different type or styles. I can usually tell in less than a week if they will be ok. My son has lots of 1 week old shoes I've given him.

Post Likes
    Going to try some inserts. It is weird because it'll only hurt for a day or two then back to normal.

Post Likes
    I would try the Dr Schoel's Tri Comfort. They work great for plantar's so I can't say what they would do with Achilles pain. Are you doing a lot of ladder work which would put more pressure on the back of the leg?

Post Likes
    A simple urine test will rule out gout. If Allopurinol is prescribed you will probably never know your taking it.
    If you want to self treat it will mean not consuming gout producing foods like beans and beer, grapefruit.
    I'd advise one or the other because gout can get worse. I spent 2 weeks for other reasons in a hospital with another
    guy with gout so painful he couldn't stand to have even a sheet over his feet. Completely debilitated.

When the pain goes back to normal doesn't mean the gout is gone. Your body absorbs the uric crystals over time.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Had plantar fasciitis a couple of times, came and went, arch supports helped. Flat feet so picky on shoes. Mild Neuropathy due to diabetes, diagnosed 4 yrs ago, mostly feel like my socks have slipped down around my toes, once in a while pins & needles.

I can live without the grapefruit, but beans & beer?

"Sucks getting older"