Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys test for substances in your employees? (talking about weed obviously)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You guys are going to drive me to drink. After dressing up and mowing the yard, think I'm gonna start drinking.
    I didn't know you stopped.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

2. Likes YOUNG FROSTY, BBeerme, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We can talk hypotheticals all day. Sure someone could be more productive when not using any substances (even casually, lol). But the same could be said in reverse. How many people would be able to slow down and focus on the task at hand with a small dose of weed (dope for you old folks)? Well there is no way of knowing. Because these are hypotheticals that cannot be tested, all we have to go off of is emotions which are notoriously unreliable. I once knew a guy with such bad ADHD he could barely formulate a sentence because his brain was going 1000 mph. Incredibly smart person, masters degree. He learned with a bit of "self medication" with weed he was able to focus and think more slowly on what he was doing and saying, and perforomance with clients went up.
    He lost a job from pissing dirty.....
    So saying that making you more dollars per hour with/without being sober is stupid. Making blanket statements over the entire population is stupid. Everyone responds differently to drugs, thats why we have highly educated doctors prescribing everything. I saw someone freak the **** out, begging to go to the hospital after taking an edible. I've also seen other people take the same dose and go to work. Banning weed is quite frankly a huge mistake, and certain workplaces WILL suffer for it. Certain workplaces WILL lose talent.

4. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You only used half of the sentence. Is that typical for you to only use half of a sentence? SAD! Also the term "weekends" was used as a general term, EVERY weekend wasn't stated as such but even if it was.

A social drinker can drink up to 4-5 times a week so yes it can be less than a social drinker my half sentence cherry picking friend.
    The sentence claimed that he classified a social drinker as anyone that drinks 4 to 5 times a week, to someone that on drinks once or twice a week. Which means that smoking every weekend is not less then a social drinker as you claimed. Nor would smoking once or twice a month be less than a social drinker.

You may have included the whole sentence. But you only considered the first part of it. Is that typical of you, to only use the part of a sentence you like. Not the part that proves your statement wrong.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The sentence claimed that he classified a social drinker as anyone that drinks 4 to 5 times a week, to someone that on drinks once or twice a week. Which means that smoking every weekend is not less then a social drinker as you claimed. Nor would smoking once or twice a month be less than a social drinker.

You may have included the whole sentence. But you only considered the first part of it. Is that typical of you, to only use the part of a sentence you like. Not the part that proves your statement wrong.
    Unlike you I used the whole sentence and its whole meaning. All you did was prove the point that marijuana is thought of much worse than alcohol. Besides that it showed the lengths you will go to cherry pick a point. SAD!

My point has been clearly made so go ahead and twist words and have the last say. Have a good weekend.

2: A Social User (Low Risk)
    Second, there is what I call a Social User. Social Users regularly drink in small amounts, perhaps as much as 4-5 times a week, or as little as 1-2 times a month. Either way, the key is small amounts.*
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG FROSTY View Post
    We can talk hypotheticals all day. Sure someone could be more productive when not using any substances (even casually, lol). But the same could be said in reverse. How many people would be able to slow down and focus on the task at hand with a small dose of weed (dope for you old folks)? Well there is no way of knowing. Because these are hypotheticals that cannot be tested, all we have to go off of is emotions which are notoriously unreliable. I once knew a guy with such bad ADHD he could barely formulate a sentence because his brain was going 1000 mph. Incredibly smart person, masters degree. He learned with a bit of "self medication" with weed he was able to focus and think more slowly on what he was doing and saying, and perforomance with clients went up.
    He lost a job from pissing dirty.....
    So saying that making you more dollars per hour with/without being sober is stupid. Making blanket statements over the entire population is stupid. Everyone responds differently to drugs, thats why we have highly educated doctors prescribing everything. I saw someone freak the **** out, begging to go to the hospital after taking an edible. I've also seen other people take the same dose and go to work. Banning weed is quite frankly a huge mistake, and certain workplaces WILL suffer for it. Certain workplaces WILL lose talent.
    More like certain work places will remain safer places without it.

Maybe you should go fly in an airplane with some pilots that are smoking weed. And see how safe you feel after a few flights.

Places won't lose talent, they will just be waiting longer for more reliable, and better talent.
    Contractor locator map

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Unlike you I used the whole sentence and its whole meaning. All you did was prove the point that marijuana is thought of much worse than alcohol. Besides that it showed the lengths you will go to cherry pick a point. SAD!
    I didn't cherry pick. The statement you used, disproved your point. And now your not happy about it.
    Contractor locator map

Post Likes
    You guys are going to drive me to drink. After dressing up and mowing the yard, think I'm gonna start drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I didn't know you stopped.
    As I turned off the mower, neighbor pulled into his driveway with his 'new' Corvette and ground some gears. I yelled at him GRIND ME A POUND !!

He's got a friend staying over for a few days, so my neighbor told him to run a beer to me. Mmmm, yummy stuff. Much better than my normal [daily] swill.

Name:  20201121_141509[1].jpg
Views: 63
Size:  2.57 MB

By the way, what is it that made you guys think I like beer?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Its a very difficult thing to say. " just wait and see how it goes" in our type of working environment.

Some fields - its probably of little import.

Most non secretarial office jobs for example. Ask me most probably dont do anything anyway. Hell take a look at the last year.

Just emailing the same memos back and forth to each other and cruising the web the rest of the time. Maybe bang out some small portion of whatever theyre actual job.

All those jobs were more or less able to shift to not even showing up and not skip a beat. They could all be stupid drunk and stoned simultaneously and we probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, cause thats how little they actually do. Vast majority of Politicians would be another good example. A bunch of do nothings.

But when you need to rig and hang heavy equipment and materials over head, troubleshoot or set up a 500 hp burner or rack refrigeration system, etc... good luck.

Never gonna happen. Even if its 100 pecent legal. Theres too many things that can go wrong with someone completely free of chemicals. Insurance companies wont have it, and I would not want the person either.

There's exceptions to everything. Life isnt allways fair.

Find a way to spot test for the chemicals found in weed, like you can for alcohol and you might find the world will listen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11. Likes BBeerme, BNME8EZ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ah, the afternoon / evening is coming together. How interesting. Poured the Red IPA into an Irish Red glass. Wasn't even paying attention. Synergy at its best, LOL.

Name:  20201121_143655[1].jpg
Views: 66
Size:  2.67 MB

Post Likes
    Now that I'm drinking, think I'll go sharpen a dull knife. My dull knife is likely sharper than the sharp knifes of the vast majority reading this. I just like this one knife to slice through food with almost zero resistance. Mmmm, great project before I fire off Barbie. Alcohol and sharp knifes . . .

Razor sharp knifes.

14. Dislikes YOUNG FROSTY disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ah, the afternoon / evening is coming together. How interesting. Poured the Red IPA into an Irish Red glass. Wasn't even paying attention. Synergy at its best, LOL.

Name:  20201121_143655[1].jpg
Views: 66
Size:  2.67 MB
    So how is this any different than rolling up a blunt and getting high as ****? Did you ever read any of those studies on drivers under the influence of alcohol and those under the influence of THC? to summarize, drunks blow through stop signs, stoners wait for the stop sign to turn green.

16. Likes mark_kershner liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Now that I'm drinking, think I'll go sharpen a dull knife. My dull knife is likely sharper than the sharp knifes of the vast majority reading this. I just like this one knife to slice through food with almost zero resistance. Mmmm, great project before I fire off Barbie. Alcohol and sharp knifes . . .

Razor sharp knifes.
    Speaking of sharp knives, you do yours on a stone? I bought a Work Sharp belt sharpener a few years ago. Fantastic invention.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    So how is this any different than rolling up a blunt and getting high as ****? Did you ever read any of those studies on drivers under the influence of alcohol and those under the influence of THC? to summarize, drunks blow through stop signs, stoners wait for the stop sign to turn green.
    You are really not in the groove. Seriously. You do not even understand what you are talking about. you even said you are not a doper. So how can you even talk about it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Speaking of sharp knives, you do yours on a stone? I bought a Work Sharp belt sharpener a few years ago. Fantastic invention.
    I do the Wicked Edge. Just finished the 1st one, will shoot a pic of the next one.

Post Likes
    You are really not in the groove. Seriously. You do not even understand what you are talking about. you even said you are not a doper. So how can you even talk about it?
    What kind of bullshit logic is this? Im not a pro baseball player either but i know all the rules, history, players. Ive definitely been a weed smoker in my life. Periods off and on of casual usage

Post Likes
    So how is this any different than rolling up a blunt and getting high as ****?
    Ones legal, the other isn't.
    Contractor locator map

Post Likes
    Not where I am.

Post Likes
    where are you?

Not where I am.

Post Likes
    where are you?
    Land of JB Pritzker

Post Likes
    Pots legal here, so is alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. Likes YOUNG FROSTY liked this post.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast