+ Reply to Thread

Thread: N4 Average function block and Missing inputs

Post Likes

N4 Average function block and Missing inputs

Average function block in wire sheet takes in 4 VAV Room Temps and outputs an average
    We often loose a VAV Temperature out point.
    Example : 4 inputs each at 70 F. ,Total 280 Deg.F = avearge of seventy Degrees, Result = Space Satisfied
    now we have 4 inputs 3 at 70 F. One at Null ,Total 210 Deg.F = avearge of 52 Degrees F. ,Result= 100% heat
    Is there a block that can sense a Null Input
    This way I can disable the Average function block if we loose a Reading or two

Post Likes
    I usually use switches and logic on the way into the average to monitor the temps and if it goes wonky, then throw a null. Or bypass the average block and do the math by hand. When one goes wonky it is divide by 3 instead of divide by 4.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I can make a Function to add the nulls an subtract them from the divide by N amount,
    but is there something that will differentiate from a Null value and an actual value?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by techservices View Post
    Average function block in wire sheet takes in 4 VAV Room Temps and outputs an average
    We often loose a VAV Temperature out point.
    Example : 4 inputs each at 70 F. ,Total 280 Deg.F = avearge of seventy Degrees, Result = Space Satisfied
    now we have 4 inputs 3 at 70 F. One at Null ,Total 210 Deg.F = avearge of 52 Degrees F. ,Result= 100% heat
    Is there a block that can sense a Null Input
    This way I can disable the Average function block if we loose a Reading or two
    Maybe I am missing something because a null value is ignored in the calculation of the average block.
    Name:  Average.png
Views: 236
Size:  7.1 KB
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Wiresheet isn't very pretty but you can do something like this with a StatusDemux block in kitcontrol > util.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Size:  49.6 KB

Post Likes
    What Jbeck showed there is similar to what I've done. Using the status demux to throw out any null conditions and switching it to a valid value.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbeck00 View Post
    Wiresheet isn't very pretty but you can do something like this with a StatusDemux block in kitcontrol > util.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Size:  49.6 KB
    Call me crazy but it looks like your averaging block is outputting the correct answer already and your switch is giving you the wrong answer.

Post Likes
    strip out the highest and lowest?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in