Thread: Which is correct? The spec sheet or the calculation?

Post Likes

Which is correct? The spec sheet or the calculation?

Hello. I am hoping someone can clarify something for me. I am in the process of renting a retail space for my new business. The retail space has a Tempstar NXA436GKC101 3-Ton air conditioner unit. The air conditioner spec sheet indicates that the unit delivers 3167cfm. However, most professionals say that a unit delivers approximately 400cfm/ton. This would mean that a 3 Ton unit should deliver about 1200cfm which does not match the spec sheet. Which one is correct?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by calettso View Post
    Hello. I am hoping someone can clarify something for me. I am in the process of renting a retail space for my new business. The retail space has a Tempstar NXA436GKC101 3-Ton air conditioner unit. The air conditioner spec sheet indicates that the unit delivers 3167cfm. However, most professionals say that a unit delivers approximately 400cfm/ton. This would mean that a 3 Ton unit should deliver about 1200cfm which does not match the spec sheet. Which one is correct?
    The NXA436**** is the condenser only. The CFM (3167) you are seeing is for the condenser fan motor.

You would need to get the model number of the indoor air handler to determine the Blower CFM.

1200 cfm is nominal for a 3 ton unit.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

3. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hi Rundawg,

Thank you for your response. The information has been helpful.

Thanks again.

Post Likes

3-Ton CAPACITY ?

Quote Originally Posted by calettso View Post
    Hello. I am hoping someone can clarify something for me.

I am in the process of renting a retail space for my new business.

The retail space has a Tempstar NXA436GKC101 3-Ton air conditioner unit. #-Ton Capacity ?
    The air conditioner spec sheet indicates that the unit delivers 3167cfm.

However, most professionals say that a unit delivers approximately 400cfm/ton.

This would mean that a 3 Ton unit should deliver about 1200cfm which does not match the spec sheet.
    Which one is correct?
    https://resource.gemaire.com/is/cont...ss.pdf?fmt=pdf

ICP products go by MANY Marketing names.
    ___ Comfortmaker, Tempstar, ... ...

ACCA Calculation N OR equivalent methodology
    is necessary to determine IF THE existing equipment is appropriate to meet YOUR Requirements.

Q. Sensible Capacity: 27,540 BTU/HR at 95'F ODT & 75'F/ 63'F Inside

- Floor Area: 1,000 or 3,000 Sq feet
    - ZIP _ _ _ _ _ _____________ Climate/ Design Temperatures. Humidity
    _ Year Bldg Built:

- Ventilation and Make-Up Air
    - # of Customers: 15 or 40 ? per Your state building code

- Retail [ or Restaurant or ... ]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in