+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combustion Analyzer For Commercial Boilers?

Post Likes

Combustion Analyzer For Commercial Boilers?

I know this has come up 100 times but they have released new models and I need some help trying to pick one. I posted in commercial forum because thats what I work on and it would get some attention.

So.... whats your pick for working on small building boilers/larger resi boilers? Testo 320 is great but discontinued. Anyone try the 300? Or can the bacharach insight plus handle larger boilers

Post Likes

Combustion Analyzer For Commercial Boilers?

If your serious into boilers, I use an Ecom-d

Very robust, can customize what sensors you need, fastest pump speed that Im aware of, so it responds quickly to burner adjustments etc... And accommodates up to 6 sensors

But I have a local vendor that can calibrate locally, and offer a loaner if mine needs to go in.

That said, the biggest issue is down time.

The biggest difference between a

Residential analyzer and a Commercial one is pump speed, and sensor customizability.

If all you need to do is basic O2, CO, Stack temp and the normal calculated info like CO2, and efficiency- just about any analyzer will do for residential or commercial.

If you need to measure NOx, SO2, etc... you need a commercial model.

I personally have used Bacharach, E-Instuments, Ecom, and Testo analyzers.

I like Ecom the most, but the others listed were also good.

If its between Testo and Bacharach, Id go with the Bacharach for field replaceable sensors, and it runs off of standard batteries, which for me I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Been using the Bacharach PCA-400 and really like it, it has Bluetooth, sensors can be replaced on the field and are affordable.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

5. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The PCA-400 probe diameter is the same as the Testo-330 and about the only thing I like about the Testo is the adapter with the plastic cap, dont have wear globes to remove it from the stack.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

7. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I love using my Testo 300, it has all the functionality needed as well as ease to send emails instantly with reports. It's pretty easy to use as well and seems pretty rugged, the touch screen is a nice feature as well.

Post Likes
    The pump speed is the deal breaker for most of the models.

Post Likes
    Been using the testo 330-2 LL for a few years

Works great
    Fast pump
    Replaceable sensors

I always pull the battery out after use. They seem to last ALOT longer if you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in