+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 42K, 3 zone Mitsubishi here in the high desert of Central Oregon!!

Post Likes

42K, 3 zone Mitsubishi here in the high desert of Central Oregon!!

Haven't posted anything in a while. Been busy with life, new baby, building my business up.

Here is a Mitsubishi Multi-zone system I completed on Monday. 5 zone 42k outdoor unit, only used 3 ports. 24K wall unit for main living space, 9k concealed ducted for bedrooms/bath, and a 9k wall unit for the basement ADU.

Turned out real nice, the place is damn comfortable. The concealed ducted got the MHK2 wall thermostat, the wall units have their remotes.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Likes
    Oh, and there is plenty of slope on those drains. That picture made them look strange.

Post Likes
    Every single 5 zone 3 1/2 ton I've installed I've been called back cause main zone is a piss poor performer when a second zone is turned on in very hot or cold climate.

Well it only has 23kbtu at 17* so its pretty poor performer for heating anyways. The added issue with main zone just complicates things.

I haven't installed one in about 3 years due to issues.

That said we have 3 Hyperheat 5 zones on schedule....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "This Story Is True, Only The Facts Were Changed"

"It's Not Black vs White, Left vs Right, Mask vs No Mask! Its Us vs Them! Stop Letting Them Divide Us And Take Our Control!"

"Is This Your Opinion Or Experience?"

Post Likes
    The hyper heats are much better with the heating still 100 percent to 5 degrees. It gets -20 here so I always insist they have a form of back up heat. Baseboard, radiant,etc... I also do not go over 100 percent condenser capacity. Putting 120-130 percent indoor to outdoor capacity is asking for trouble.

5. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    those are high wall units installed up high. why does the track go to the ground?

also, without using a wall penetration piece of track its not closed so rodents can get in the track at ground level and make nests in the track, probably eat through anything you used to close the hole between wall unit and outside and then get into the back of the wall mount inside the house....

Post Likes
    But I suppose they could get in at the unit if they wanted to get in track.

"This Story Is True, Only The Facts Were Changed"

"It's Not Black vs White, Left vs Right, Mask vs No Mask! Its Us vs Them! Stop Letting Them Divide Us And Take Our Control!"

"Is This Your Opinion Or Experience?"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    But I suppose they could get in at the unit if they wanted to get in track.

Ya, at 15 bucks a fitting, I am not buying any of the "duct ends" fittings. I always let the customer know they need to spray foam all ends. I don't do it because I don't want to be responsible for the mess that crap makes.

The line-hide carries down all the way because the drains are in there. Looks better than having some 3/4 pvc sticking out the side of it.

And this system is performing beautifully. It is a 3 1/2 ton with exactly 3 1/2 tons of capacity on it. I had all 3 zones heating away @ 25 ODT, and all had the same splits.

Post Likes
    Looks dope! Question, the secondary pan, can you add a float switch to the unit? I can’t recall 100% but awhile ago when I was still doing installs I had one of these concealed units and I don’t it was possible without voiding warranty.

Post Likes
    looks good, i only wish you did not use the white insulated line sets, the copper in them are known for rotting out...its something i see a lot of but not the on dual black insulated linesets..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    looks good, i only wish you did not use the white insulated line sets, the copper in them are known for rotting out...its something i see a lot of but not the on dual black insulated linesets..
    Haven't had a single on develop a problem. This is going back 10 years.

I have seen the other threads about them and I just haven't seen it. I prefer to pull the white ones because they do not tear. Black insulated linesets tear just looking at them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpingram55 View Post
    Looks dope! Question, the secondary pan, can you add a float switch to the unit? I can’t recall 100% but awhile ago when I was still doing installs I had one of these concealed units and I don’t it was possible without voiding warranty.
    They do make one that works with the minis, but at 160 bucks my cost, nope. Pipe out the secondary and let the customer know if it drips, call me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    The hyper heats are much better with the heating still 100 percent to 5 degrees. It gets -20 here so I always insist they have a form of back up heat. Baseboard, radiant,etc... I also do not go over 100 percent condenser capacity. Putting 120-130 percent indoor to outdoor capacity is asking for trouble.
    Depends on the load and the customer's needs. If they have a daytime, nighttime change of loads then oversizing is fine. Have very few complaints with ductless installs I do. 10x as many with ducted solutions. That is a fact!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post

I have seen the other threads about them and I just haven't seen it. I prefer to pull the white ones because they do not tear. Black insulated linesets tear just looking at them.
    i use 2" pvc cut in half to act as a temp sleeve in an opening and have patience...sometimes i leave the pvc in place when its through masonry and fire foam the inside..no problems with it...fire foam is required in my area when going through a fire rated wall and masonary to stop any draft and keep fire codes..

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post

Mueller has a new black lineset that is extremely durable.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Mueller has a new black lineset that is extremely durable.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    Have not had a single jmf or pdm lineset with issues so I will stay the course.

17. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’ve never put in a Mitsubishi ducted unit. How did you split up the supply to the bath and bedrooms. The picture almost looks like a couple of insulated flex ducts are jammed inside a bigger insulated flex duct. Is there a sheet metal plenum under there somewhere? What about returns? Do you do one from each room?
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    I’ve never put in a Mitsubishi ducted unit. How did you split up the supply to the bath and bedrooms. The picture almost looks like a couple of insulated flex ducts are jammed inside a bigger insulated flex duct. Is there a sheet metal plenum under there somewhere? What about returns? Do you do one from each room?
    My supplier makes a square to round fitting that does what is necessary. Re-look at the picture my friend. The silver crap is the insulation I used to insulate this fitting.

Central return in the hallway.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in