+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calibration required? ...testo 327-1

Post Likes

Calibration required? ...testo 327-1

I bought my testo 327-1 about 7 years ago. First time I had concerns about readings, was about 2 years in. Contacted them, and they said I just need to replace the sensor. They will ship it to me(since I live 1-1/2 hours away) Easy replacement. It was, every couple years the same issue, and they always said I just need to change out the sensor.
    Now today! Call the same company and they tell me the whole analyzer needs to be sent in....
    The reason I bought the 327-1 was not to be sent in and be without it for 8 weeks!
    Did I talk to some newbie?, never herd this before in the last 7 years I have put sensors in it myself. Just looking for your experiences. Does this one need to be sent in to be calibrated?

Post Likes
    Plus they said it cannot be kept in my vehicle in cold weather!... never herd that before today. Am I suppose to bring everything out of the van every night in the winter?! Wtf! Just doesn’t make sense.

Post Likes
    We calibrate 327-1s at TruTechTools all the time. Usually turnaround in a week.

https://www.trutechtools.com/calibrationservice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

4. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You should have that type of equipment calibrated on an annual basis. If you don't have to prove calibration semi-annually will do it as long as you check it yourself against known quantities.
    Eight weeks is unacceptable.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RELAY74 View Post
    Plus they said it cannot be kept in my vehicle in cold weather!... never herd that before today. Am I suppose to bring everything out of the van every night in the winter?! Wtf! Just doesn’t make sense.
    Ive heard that before. I never do. Just make sure the water trap is drained and vented prior to storage.

I have noticed though that the analyzer may need to warm up a bit prior to use on brutally cold days (like below 20 degrees or so)

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Ive heard that before. I never do. Just make sure the water trap is drained and vented prior to storage.

I have noticed though that the analyzer may need to warm up a bit prior to use on brutally cold days (like below 20 degrees or so)

The Bacharach guy said freezing shortens the life of the sensors so i bring mine in at night and hang it by the door.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

8. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We have had ice build up and when thawed we drained out an ounce or two of water from within the combustion analyzer. I'm guessing it probably causes some other undue stress, probably with moisture and/or expansion/contraction or some other weirdness. Back in the Walkman and CD days I always heard to bring in your players at night and make sure you didn't leave the disc in the car's player.
    Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. - Eric Draven

Site Rulez!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in