Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shewww I try to be patient but this is frustrating

Post Likes

Shewww I try to be patient but this is frustrating

This guy has contacted me 3 times already. Twice on a Sunday evening and then yesterday evening. In every case I was spending time with my family. I'm just going to straight up tell people from now on that I will not give any diy advice no matter how well I know you. Frustrating!!!

Here was his last message

"Quick question ... Took old thermostat off which has an orange (O/B slot) and white wire (W slot)... New thermostat has those two (W - O/B) in the same slot ... if that is the case is it ok to put orange and white in same slot or is that a no go ..."

Here was my reply

"No no definitely do not do that! Man it may be best to get it professionally installed so nothing gets messed up. W is not the same slot depending on whether the setup is for conventional or heat pump."

I gotta leave work at work. Man it's been getting to me all the people calling me personally and asking for service and having problems etc. I actually completely blocked one guys phone number so he can't even get to me. Then he started contacting my wife life crazy to get to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Unless they have something in return, Help on a project, Trade in labor for services not going to happen.

Even in the tavern, i help you out your buying drinks and that can get real expensive!

Post Likes
    I had a guy call me wanted to DIY a new thermostat on the system that I had installed for the previous owner (his mother). He didn't like the stat and I don't blame him as it was an old Trane 500C which were just bad. Anyway he called and wanted to know how to wire this Lux stat he bought form Home depot. I told him I can't tell you as I don't know anything about the stat. He said well is this a 2 stg or single. I said it is a heat pump that is single stage cooling then on heating you have the heat pump and 2 stages of elements, I don't know if your thermostat considers that single or 2 stg. So he asks again, I gave the same answer and told him it should be in the instructions but that stat was probably not a good fit with his system. I told him what I would suggest for a stat at that time and he said he would try the one he had. Seveal months later he called me out to put on the stat that would do what he was after. When I went out to put it in he had the 500C on the wall yet so I don't know what happened with the Lux POS. Now he just calls me and tells me what his problem is and let's me fix it.

4. Likes lions_lair, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Unless they have something in return, Help on a project, Trade in labor for services not going to happen.

Even in the tavern, i help you out your buying drinks and that can get real expensive!
    Exactly and I should be getting away from a lot that crap real soon. I start in 10 days !

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I only do that for family or close friends (approx 15 people). 100% of those would help me if needed.

I start in 10 days ! - what does this mean?, moving to an Amish community, so no electronics....[/B]
    \
    "He who knows the least, knows it the loudest"
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

Post Likes
    I help family and close friends too. Back in the old days I had one published phone and on unlisted phone. I do that still today, there are just some times the main phone get turned off. My family knows if it rolls right to voice mail, call the unlisted one. Most of the time they just call my wife and say: Where's dad he's not answering his phone!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
    I only do that for family or close friends (approx 15 people). 100% of those would help me if needed.

I start in 10 days ! - what does this mean?, moving to an Amish community, so no electronics....[/B]
    \
    Oh sorry that was kinda directed @pecmsg since he knows I'm moving into industrial. Getting away from residential is one key to avoiding everybody and their brother in law wanting a favor lol.

9. Likes dieseldude, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I got to the point no advice unless I went to the job site and looked it over. The final straw was a building engineer called and wanted to know the velocity needed in a duct to convey a dust type material. I answered his question and a few days later he called complaining that at that velocity it emptied the bin. He didn't make provisions to let air in but throttle the material pick-up. The way he ask the question had nothing to do with the application.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    In this context "No good deed goes unpunished".
    The worst part is that so many of them never even say thank you.
    I have maybe a dozen friend that I will help out. My wife has/will volunteer my services to some others that really need it but not very often.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    Never underestimate the power of human Stupidity !
    If folks took care of their cars like they do their HVAC Systems you'd see a lot more people walking !

12. Likes WAYNE3298 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    "velocity needed in a duct to convey a dust type material" wow that sounds like straight terrorist activity right there

Post Likes
    It wasn't HVAC Jay which you probably know but I don't remember what material they were conveying. I just remember they screwed it up but it was my fault. It didn't really bother me because they got off the hook and I wasn't harmed but it did wake me up.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    This guy has contacted me 3 times already. Twice on a Sunday evening and then yesterday evening. In every case I was spending time with my family. I'm just going to straight up tell people from now on that I will not give any diy advice no matter how well I know you. Frustrating!!!

Here was his last message

"Quick question ... Took old thermostat off which has an orange (O/B slot) and white wire (W slot)... New thermostat has those two (W - O/B) in the same slot ... if that is the case is it ok to put orange and white in same slot or is that a no go ..."

Here was my reply

"No no definitely do not do that! Man it may be best to get it professionally installed so nothing gets messed up. W is not the same slot depending on whether the setup is for conventional or heat pump."

I gotta leave work at work. Man it's been getting to me all the people calling me personally and asking for service and having problems etc. I actually completely blocked one guys phone number so he can't even get to me. Then he started contacting my wife life crazy to get to me

Well, I just wanna say "If you are good at something never do it for free"

Damn my timing

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel01 View Post
    Well, I just wanna say "If you are good at something never do it for free"

Damn my timing
    Do you charge your wife for sex?

Curious minds want to know
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Exactly and I should be getting away from a lot that crap real soon. I start in 10 days !

Your going to love it. Different world!

19. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post

Maybe that’s why I don’t get any?

Post Likes
    Reminds me of how I answer questions from the mid level techs and lower where I work. I keep telling them, I'll answer your questions, but if you use the wrong words, you'll get the wrong answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    I got to the point no advice unless I went to the job site and looked it over. The final straw was a building engineer called and wanted to know the velocity needed in a duct to convey a dust type material. I answered his question and a few days later he called complaining that at that velocity it emptied the bin. He didn't make provisions to let air in but throttle the material pick-up. The way he ask the question had nothing to do with the application.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

22. Likes WAYNE3298 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Maybe that’s why I don’t get any?
    If I charged for sex then I would be a poor motha.............

Post Likes
    And if you paid for sex ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    If I charged for sex then I would be a poor motha.............

Post Likes
    Just can't win these days.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post

No I don't charge... I give her the privilege of paying me

27. Likes Joel01, ga-hvac-tech, Red Man liked this post.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast