+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Service Pouch ( What do you guys carry) ?????????

Post Likes

Service Pouch ( What do you guys carry) ?????????

Hey guys thinking about setting up another pouch just for service and diagnostics. This year i have been doing more service contracts then normal. I think i picked out the bag i want . The veto tech mc compact. Now i dont need to know what brand or what you think i should buy because this and that are cheaper. and i know i will probably add some things as i go. I just want to know in general what you guys carry. So i can set up a dedicated bag.

I am primarily servicing furnaces. I do service other types of equipment but this is primarily what i want the bag for. Residential furnaces and rooftop units. I will review my setup again in the spring for the cooling season.

thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    I have the MB2, I added a shoulder strap, waterproofing on the entire exterior and cut the plastic belt clip off. I like being able to close the large zipper section to protect my meters.
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

Post Likes
    I used to use the bag my fluke meters came in. The fluke HVAC kit that had the 116 and 323 meter came in a little black cloth bag. Had the two meters a six 10n1 and a few other things. My problem was finding the issue then I had to walk my lazy bum to the truck to get xyz tool. Okay so I’ll just throw the channel lock in there. Then the strippers. Then the dykes. Then this that and the other until the bag finally ripped.

Now I lug around an LC that is heavy and over loaded, but I take a lot less trips to my truck.

I always got a funny looks when I showed up with just that little meter pouch. But for a resi has furnace all you really need is a multi meter and 10n1 to find the issue 98% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I carry a hilmor bag that weighs more than my 4 year old son.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

5. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I used to carry my big bag everywhere, then I found it was unnecessary so I cut it down to a small carry all pouch. Similar to the MC that the OP mentioned (I think)

At one point I got it down to a Quick-Pick, Clamp meter with leads, and 5/16” nut driver. It worked great for what I needed to do. If I needed more than that then I would go back to the van.

I’ve switched jobs where that convenience doesn’t work for me now so now I’m carrying a full backpack and a side bag of stuff.
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
    I have the MB2, I added a shoulder strap, waterproofing on the entire exterior and cut the plastic belt clip off. I like being able to close the large zipper section to protect my meters.
    How did you water proof it?

Post Likes
    Used liquid Vinyl, two coats on the bottom and approx 1" up the sides, than silicone waterproofing spray everywhere else.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
    Used liquid Vinyl, two coats on the bottom and approx 1" up the sides, than silicone waterproofing spray everywhere else.
    You care to share a picture?

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in