Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pros and Cons of HVAC/R

Post Likes
    Find out where the UA local is near you and see what it takes to apply for an apprenticeship.

Post Likes
    Pro's for refrigeration is many times you can work indoors in the winter and when its raining lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    What are these attics and crawl spaces you speak of? The rest of the country should learn about the functionality and convenience of a basement! Added living space, below ground so it stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It's part of the conditioned envelope, so duct doesn't need insulating. Plus, it's a safe place to go in the event of a tornado.

Disclaimer: Don't go to your basement during a flood or hurricane with storm surge!

I know where you live basements are required sometimes even to sell a house. Much of the rest of the country is different. Basements are scarce here. Mostly slabs. Partly because of the soil. Basements can be handy but those I've been in (Illinois) were only used to store stuff. many suffered from ground water.
    Concrete is an expensive part of construction so that's a factor. It can be made to be part of the envelope but usually isn't.

I build a house in Ill. The first level was half bermed and half open to ground level. I didn't have any water problems but I also laid Blue Board before the floor was poured and had drain piping inside and out and Blue Board on the outside before back filling.

My house is a slab. Great for a real solid feel but a pain if things need changing.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

4. Likes doc havoc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I know that I got the "jones in my bones" for all things HVACR-Ice and its the variety that makes me feel "ahhhhhhhhhhhh". My Aura is in harmony. And the money is good!

Post Likes
    I can see it from here! Were can I get one?
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123