+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnet on solenoid valve

Post Likes

Magnet on solenoid valve

If you had a chiller that the liquid line solenoid valve wasn't powering up sometimes and tripping on LP. Would you have the nerve to use a magnet and walk away?

Post Likes
    well, she's never going to pump down if it needed to.

Post Likes
    BTW this system has a three second pump out when set point is reached, and then the compressor contactor opens.

Post Likes
    Why not fix the problem?
    Every time it starts up it will flood back. Scroll would survive a while, could kill recip or screw.

Nerve no, stupidity yes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    Why not fix the problem?
    Every time it starts up it will flood back. Scroll would survive a while, could kill recip or screw.

Nerve no, stupidity yes.
    I would never do it, I would find the problem. Someone told me they did it, I said it will flood the compressor.

Maybe they will get lucky and it will survive a while, IMO I don't think so.

Post Likes
    That CPS soloniod magnet is a really useful tool if used as intended . But in some ways it encourges bad techs to do the wrong thing. I've run across several permanently installed magnets out there. One was a small carrier water cooled chiller. They had the O6E compressor permanently unloaded because it was tripping on high pressure fully loaded . Simple fix , descale the condenser barrel . problem solved .
    But the magnet solved the problem for them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in