Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: txv question

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Ok I did not notice that "r22" was marked on the valve. It's r22 then. Those sc and sh numbers are absolutely perfect for a trane coil, and especially perfect given it's a mobile home install. The valve is r22 and the powerhead is not removable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Didn't he say it was 98 in there? Should be flashin.

Post Likes
    I know but with resi the txv powerheads cannot be changed and the txv cannot be adjusted (except some goodman can be adjusted).

See the powerheads in pics are basically brazed on.
    Your first picture is a valve with a removable power element.
    I'll assume for A/C service since it's market R410a.
    Not much refrigeration work is done with R410a.
    Although Manitowoc does manufacturer a lower grade ice machine using the refrigerant.
    I also service some chillers for lobster tanks using mini splits on R410a. Far from the norm though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Your first picture is a valve with a removable power element.
    I'll assume for A/C service since it's market R410a.
    Not much refrigeration work is done with R410a.
    Although Manitowoc does manufacturer a lower grade ice machine using the refrigerant.
    I also service some chillers for lobster tanks using mini splits on R410a. Far from the norm though.
    Yes I just know that I have tried to remove things that look removable on residential TXV and they do not come off normally its like they lock tite them on or something. But notice the ops valve definitely looks brazed.

"I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    If you look at a Q body valve chart you'll see why you can't simply change the powerhead and expect the valve to be sized properly. The 410A TXV body would technically be a little small for the same capacity R22 valve

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The valve probably has a different spring and the power head will work with either refrigerant. Then they mark out the refer type that doesn't apply. If I was a manufacturer, that's what I'd do.
    There has been a lot of trashed equipment because of people adjusting TXV's so the industry created the "do not touch" valves.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

6. Likes theoldscroll liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So it seems that based on the three pictures that I posted that Trane marks out the R22 and leaves 410A pink. From the OPs pictures it seems like the R22 was stamped black because you can see a small amount of green underneath it and the 410A was probably pink it's just that the pink has worn off.

And I also don't know of any residential installer that is going to change a power head on a factory TXV. It's just not done in residential. Also the OPs TXV is definitely brazed

So at this point given all of the evidence are we saying that the TXV is actually 410a? If we are saying that then how is it working with R22?

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    So it seems that based on the three pictures that I posted that Trane marks out the R22 and leaves 410A pink. From the OPs pictures it seems like the R22 was stamped black because you can see a small amount of green underneath it and the 410A was probably pink it's just that the pink has worn off.

And I also don't know of any residential installer that is going to change a power head on a factory TXV. It's just not done in residential. Also the OPs TXV is definitely brazed

So at this point given all of the evidence are we saying that the TXV is actually 410a? If we are saying that then how is it working with R22?

From what i seen last night it works no different than if you had .68 piston in a 3 ton coil and needed a .70 instead. But, time will tell. I'll have to get back over there and check it out. My wife was there already today and picked up the check and the house was cool.

9. Likes JayMan7, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    From what i seen last night it works no different than if you had .68 piston in a 3 ton coil and needed a .70 instead. But, time will tell. I'll have to get back over there and check it out. My wife was there already today and picked up the check and the house was cool.
    What amazes me the most in this entire thread is that you trust your wife with the money

Post Likes
    What amazes me the most in this entire thread is that you trust your wife with the money

Yeah, she keeps me feeling poor always. But, she does help out with the business. She knows the name of every tool in the van and what it looks like and almost all the parts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah, she keeps me feeling poor always. But, she does help out with the business. She knows the name of every tool in the van and what it looks like and almost all the parts.
    Dang you got a good one!!!

Honestly my wife is awesome too. Been married 11 years and she's probably better with money than I am

13. Likes KB Cool liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12