Thread: D6 to Mitsubishi SEZ concealed ducted

Post Likes

D6 to Mitsubishi SEZ concealed ducted

Install instructions say that the D6 controller will work with the Mitsu SEZ concealed-ducted units, but contradicts itself. It also says that there must be a clear line of site from the controller to the unit.

Anybody have any insight on this?

Post Likes
    Is IR so unless the head has an exposed IR sensor it won't work. I am not familiar with the SEZ.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Is IR so unless the head has an exposed IR sensor it won't work. I am not familiar with the SEZ.
    I get it, but says that it will work. I want to hear from someone that has run across this.

I have been using the kumo touch thermostat with the wireless interface for these, but if I can use the D6 it will save me a little $$.

Post Likes
    The SEZ doesn't have an IR sensor in it so it won't work with a handheld remote out of the box, it's set up to use a wired MA controller or something plugged into CN105 like the Kumo touch. You'd have to install a PAR-FA32MA receiver on terminals 1&2 (TB15) and buy the matching PAR-FL32MA handheld remote. Probably cheaper to stick with the Touch thermostat.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
    The SEZ doesn't have an IR sensor in it so it won't work with a handheld remote out of the box, it's set up to use a wired MA controller or something plugged into CN105 like the Kumo touch. You'd have to install a PAR-FA32MA receiver on terminals 1&2 (TB15) and buy the matching PAR-FL32MA handheld remote. Probably cheaper to stick with the Touch thermostat.
    They do not come with a remote and I never mentioned one. And I already mentioned that I use the Kumo touch on all my installs. For the sake of saving money and having a portable unit, I mentioned the D6 as an option. And the instructions do say that it is compatible to the SEZ. Let's stay on topic.

Post Likes
    My bad, guess I shoulda looked at what the D6 is. Since the D6 is just an IR signal it won't work with the SEZ since there is no built in IR receiver. Looking at the installation instructions on Honeywell's site and I don't see the SEZ listed as compatible.

Post Likes
    My bad, guess I shoulda looked at what the D6 is. Since the D6 is just an IR signal it won't work with the SEZ since there is no built in IR receiver. Looking at the installation instructions on Honeywell's site and I don't see the SEZ listed as compatible.
    Ya, I don't see any of the exact model numbers, but I do see some SEZ numbers in the compatibility chart. Some ceiling cassettes and some that I guess have an infrared eye. It's kind of a shame they didn't make an infrared eye for the small residential SEZ series. Pretty spendy to get the KUMO touch setup.

Post Likes
    All the wall mounts, floor mounts and the one way ceiling cassettes (MLZ models) come with the IR receiver built in. The ducted models and 4 way cassettes (SLZ) don't come with the receiver but the SLZ has an optional corner panel sensor but that probably throws the price higher that adding a Kumo touch.

Post Likes
    All the wall mounts, floor mounts and the one way ceiling cassettes (MLZ models) come with the IR receiver built in. The ducted models and 4 way cassettes (SLZ) don't come with the receiver but the SLZ has an optional corner panel sensor but that probably throws the price higher that adding a Kumo touch.

If they were smart they would've given a hard wired option on both the KUMO and D6. Run a little wire down the wall and be done with it.