Thread: Baffled by no jace access

Post Likes

Baffled by no jace access

I'm taking over another companies location. The server has 2 jaces under it at version 3.7.106. Both show up in the Niagara network. Both are communicating point values fine. I can open one jace NPM6 but the other JVLN will not open. I cannot ping it, it will not respond to a browser, it cannot be discovered,will not show up in Find Stations. The property sheet good health, connected state. Any ideas?

Post Likes
    Is the IP address of the JVLN similar to other jace? I'm thinking the JVLN jace is on a different subnet or something

Post Likes
    Same numbering. If I didn't witness it working I'd tell them it was junk. Wouldn't I get some error if it was a Vykon license issue?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    I'm taking over another companies location. The server has 2 jaces under it at version 3.7.106. Both show up in the Niagara network. Both are communicating point values fine. I can open one jace NPM6 but the other JVLN will not open. I cannot ping it, it will not respond to a browser, it cannot be discovered,will not show up in Find Stations. The property sheet good health, connected state. Any ideas?
    Have you tried both network ports or connecting via serial shell? I'm not sure why you wouldn't see a ping, but you might check to make sure the fox port hasn't been changed by looking under the Niagara network.

Post Likes
    Some IT departments block ping requests. Id go directly to the JACE. Is it possible someone changed the Fox(s) port number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Both jaces are under the Niagara network and working fine. I just can't open this one separately with Workstation.

Post Likes
    Did you bother to check that these are using the standard ports or not?

For whatever reason, I have seen sites that change the ports for seemingly no reason.

If they are connected to something via the niag network, your missing something or IT is has some trickery going on. What? You haven't really given us much to go off.

There are a ton of reasons this might be the case.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    You may wish to try to open a tunnel station through the sup and inspecting the FOX settings once you get to the JACE.
    A Port change seems to be the consensus here.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    You may wish to try to open a tunnel station through the sup
    Just use the super to open the station directly would eliminate a wad of potential pitfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    Same numbering.
    Doesn't mean much without the subnet masks. Just means you will get lucky more often than not generaly.

Post Likes
    Duh... sometimes I make it harder than it needs to be.
    Speaking of harder...
    I use NMAP to do my port scanning. You can uncover IT staff funny business with that.
    Beware though, sometimes the traffic it causes can be interpreted as malicious.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Beware though, sometimes the traffic it causes can be interpreted as malicious.
    Yea. In short order you might get the black bag treatment in the wrong environment. Great tool, but know the site and what your doing with it.