Thread: Stubborn Metasys

Post Likes

Stubborn Metasys

Please see the attached link to the screen shot. For whatever reason I cannot clear these operator overrides. I was able to plug into the FEC controller and turn the lighting outputs on and off. They work fine and it is a very simple CCT program. I found a couple Binary Value points and interlocks in the Metasys NAE that are writing to these points but no matter what I do I cannot clear the operator overrides and/or get that "Hold" value to clear. The off delay in the interlock was set to 8 hours but I changed it to 0 seconds. I opened every interlock and BV to look at the priority array but everything seemed to be working properly. I haven't unplugged it from the FC Bus yet but I know it's something in the NAE that's writing to it. Has anyone else seen this before? It seems like one of the interlocks is hung-up and not responding to the software.

https://imgur.com/IwKgkyJ

Post Likes
    You can issue a release all command at the NAE. That sometimes does it.
    I have seen instances where some program is writing to the points, and someone deletes the program, but the points remain written to at that priority forever since the program is not there to release the input....
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Is there an Interlock commanding these lights
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Yes there is an interlock controlling these lights. I've tried everything in the right click menu and nothing will release these overrides. "Release" "Release All" "Release operator override" nothing seems to work. I've also tried overriding and releasing the override in the interlock too.

Post Likes
    What priority is the interlock writing at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The interlock is writing at priority 10. Operator Override is 8 but no matter what I do the overrides or that Hold value will not release

Post Likes
    The next step is to just delete the interlock logic in the NAE and see what happens.

Post Likes
    I would at least make sure the interlock is set to release whatever he was commanding.
    So instead of write On at 10 and Off at 10. Set it to write On at 10 and release at 10.
    Then command it to the release side.
    Then delete it.
    Then you will not have a bunch of stuff with ghost writes at 10 either on or off.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.