Thread: Fieldpiece Joblink probes or UEi Hub6?

Post Likes

Fieldpiece Joblink probes or UEi Hub6?

Hey I'm going to buy my first wireless clamps and want to be able to use it with measure quick. I heard uei is compatible with bluetooth through measure quick and fieldpiece works great with the meter. I might even buy a redfish meter to go along with it when I make some more money
    ..what's the best one to buy? I like uei cause it has a built in port to charge with..
    One foot in the past, one foot in the future, all your doin is pissin on the present.

Tomorrows troubles only takes away today's peace...

2. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    UEI doesn’t work with MeasureQuick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TruTech-Bill View Post
    UEI doesn’t work with MeasureQuick.

Oh ok
    Well maybe I'll have to go with fieldpiece then. I heard the threads are more shallow on it making it harder to connect to suction and liquid lines

5. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyhead View Post
    Oh ok
    Well maybe I'll have to go with fieldpiece then. I heard the threads are more shallow on it making it harder to connect to suction and liquid lines
    I've never had a problem with the threads on the field piece. I've been using them all season and I love them. The only problem I've had is leaking internally on my high side probe but they replaced it. The air probes are super good for working on refrigerators too. I put one in the fridge and one in the freezer and I can watch it come down to Temp without opening the door too check.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    UEI does work with measurequick. I had the first version of the hub 6, I didn’t like the temp clamps had to connect to the pressure probes with a wire. I eventually had connection issues with the stereo jack connection. I believe the new version of hub 6 went with wireless temp clamps. I now use the fieldpiece, I like the clamps better with the fieldpiece, I like uei the in duct Psychrometers better. The uei has a charging port built in, where you need a tee with fieldpiece. When not using measurequick I like uei app better. Fieldpiece app drops connection with probes a lot. Fieldpiece range is better. Overall I would go with fieldpiece, but I have not used the new temp clamps with uei, that was my main problem with uei.

8. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I just looked and it looks like UEI still uses the wired connection, they just don’t show the wire in the pictures. That gives fieldpiece the advantage to me.

Post Likes
    Sorry I was wrong UEI Hub probes do work with mQ.
    My apologies.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyhead View Post
    Oh ok
    I was wrong UEI Hub 6 does work with mQ.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    I can attest to the fact that FP probes work great with MQ. The thread issue, as far as I know, was limited to one set and they were replaced. See the link below. FP has great probes, they convinced me to quit using a manifold. I'm only a halfarsed UEI fan, they have some good stuff and some dicy stuff, After their last attempt at a digital manifold, I can't go that route. I've never had a minutes problem with the FP probes using MQ. Now I will admit that the FP app ain't all that great, it does work, but sometimes can be an annoyance. If it works, it's a great app, but it drops connection a lot. It's getting better, but with MQ I NEVER have had any problems. Plus MQ gives you quire a bit more info and insight into the system.

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...ob-link-proves

13. Likes TruTech-Bill, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatwes View Post
    UEI does work with measurequick. I had the first version of the hub 6, I didn’t like the temp clamps had to connect to the pressure probes with a wire. I eventually had connection issues with the stereo jack connection. I believe the new version of hub 6 went with wireless temp clamps. I now use the fieldpiece, I like the clamps better with the fieldpiece, I like uei the in duct Psychrometers better. The uei has a charging port built in, where you need a tee with fieldpiece. When not using measurequick I like uei app better. Fieldpiece app drops connection with probes a lot. Fieldpiece range is better. Overall I would go with fieldpiece, but I have not used the new temp clamps with uei, that was my main problem with uei.
    I like the design of the uei phychrometers also. It seems like the only thing uei has over fieldpiece is price...but that stereo jack for probes is kinda dumb if your gonna call it wireless..

Post Likes
    I had the uei hub 6, they were junk, very short range. It was hard to connect to the pressure ports. I went back to FP SMAN 480.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    I had the uei hub 6, they were junk, very short range. It was hard to connect to the pressure ports. I went back to FP SMAN 480.
    Thank you. I think I've made my decision when I get some more money. The fieldpiece set IS very expensive. But I will make it eventually