Thread: package steam boilers- commercial office building

Post Likes

package steam boilers- commercial office building

What would package steam boilers typically be used for in a commercial office building?

I am not sure how large this building is or the specifics, I just know it's a commercial office bldg. at this point.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Typically they could be used for heating, hot water, yrs ago some were used for humidification.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Post Likes
    Kind of an odd question. Steam boilers can be used for anything from dry-cleaning to generating electricity. My guess would be that for an office building, the steam is probably used for comfort heating.

There could be steam radiators or fin-tube heat near the windows, there could large air handlers with with steam heating coils in them, there could be steam coils hidden inside of make-up-air ductwork, there could be a steam to hot water converter that sends hot water to a bunch of VAV boxes or other heating devices that are scattered around, or there could be a combination of those things.

It could even be powering an absorption chiller to provide cooling.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in