Thread: Its not a Goodman!

Post Likes

Its not a Goodman!

In the last picture the shiny area around the top of the coil box is just foil tape.
    There are so many things wrong i don't know what to do.
    The rain water has been running down the exhaust pipe and seized the inducer and everything is rusty. Also the uninsulated tape condenses moisture which runs down into the furnace and rusts everything.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Guardian... may as well be Goodman. Round these parts if its a hacked install there's a more than good chance its a goodman(cheap=more money). We have been seeing alot of Guardian popping up that I could assume was installed by the same Goodman installers...as for the furnace in question. I would probably replace it. I have a few pic's to go by and a mild description. At what point will the parts and labor overrun the new install?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    Guardian... may as well be Goodman. Round these parts if its a hacked install there's a more than good chance its a goodman(cheap=more money). We have been seeing alot of Guardian popping up that I could assume was installed by the same Goodman installers...as for the furnace in question. I would probably replace it. I have a few pic's to go by and a mild description. At what point will the parts and labor overrun the new install?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Exactly.
    I will have to bring the boss back to make a decision on it but my inclination is change it out. They didn't do anything right. It isn't even inspected.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

4. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yep. That's the local brand around here for side jobs and handymen because the supplier will sell them over the counter to anybody without requiring an account or even a gas license. They aren't bad units either I had one in my basement before a flood took it out and I replaced it with a Rheem.

Post Likes
    Inducer and heat exchanger cost + labor should get you in the neighborhood of new furnace $$$.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.