+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LEAK TESTING SOLUTION

Post Likes

LEAK TESTING SOLUTION

What kind of leak testing solution is the best? I have used Cal Blue spray and also the bottle with the dauber, is it suppose to bubble right away or do you have to wait awhile?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick R View Post
    What kind of leak testing solution is the best? I have used Cal Blue spray and also the bottle with the dauber, is it suppose to bubble right away or do you have to wait awhile?
    Depends on how much it is leaking (and the pressure). If it is a substantial leak, you'll see it right away. A slow leak may take awhile (a minute?) to build into a noticeable bubble. I generally go back over suspect areas several times, daubing or spraying more on. It can be difficult to tell if the bubbles you see were created while applying, or are due to a leak. If they grow, then it is a leak (unless it was because two bubbles joined into one).

Post Likes
    I use big blue micro leak detector which works pretty well but when it's very cold out I use another detector that's called I think 5 second leak detector but anyway it is rated for very cold temperatures and will not freeze on the pipe.

A big leak will show up as big bubbles and a smaller leak will show up as almost like a foam nest of very small bubbles. On the really small leaks I have had to wait like 15 to 20 minutes for them to show up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in