+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coil restriction?

Post Likes

Coil restriction?

Pretty sure I’ve got some restrictions in distributer tubes. Wonder if the oil additive trane used a few years ago would work? It’s a York d4ce060 a25a
    76* ambient. 194/18 psig. 19*sc 61* sh. When I looked thru the top and saw the compressor I was expecting a evap that was a complete ball of ice not the minimal frost that I found. 1* temp drop on drier so doubt its my issue. Unless it dropped its desiccant bbs. Those pressures and temperatures are after letting thaw out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    What's your model number?

did you weigh the charge?

Post Likes
    Model number in opening post. Weigh charge ? No that’s what I walked up and found. The suction line was 5.4 * Yes I put a thermometer on it. So it was flooding back bad. But as you can see I only had minor frost on the evap. Top and bottom. Only took about 15 minutes to thaw out. Thought maybe more dirt on evap than it looks but could look right thru it with filter door open letting sunlight in.

Post Likes
    You don't have floodback with 61* superheat.
    Coolairman

5. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would add a LB or so of gas and see what happens, see if SH continues to go up... or if it goes down, see if low side goes up, see if SC goes up .. See if high side goes up..

Before anything I would make sure both coils spic and span..and not just by eyeballing it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolairman View Post
    You don't have floodback with 61* superheat.
    Coolairman
    What refrigerant?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in