Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LonWorks commissioning tool

Post Likes

LonWorks commissioning tool

Hello. I have E-bus network with ZoneManager and couple Excel boars type VAVII controllers ( w7751b2002).
    I have LonWorks interface and able to connect to E-bus and using Rapid Balance I can see Neuron ID numbers of live controllers.
    The problem is that some controllers are not visible and the light indicator on them shoving initialization state.
    So in my understanding need to assign Neuron ID numbers for them on E-Bus.
    I got LonSpec software v.5.0 but I cannot get communication to network. According to manual for LonSpec to access Excel 10 VAVII controller needs version from 2 to 4.
    Do I have any another options with commissioning Tool?
    I now about E-vision Care but it is looks like also difficult to get.
    Any 3d party tools that can work?

I appreciate any tips to help me to know that door

Post Likes
    Connect to them locally at their lon terminals. I tske it you dont have a copy of CARE software and a dongle.
    You could try running node util, but its a dos program.
    They may be on a different domain usually should be (C0) from memory. Node util would sort that for you.
    Another program I used to use was Excelon from Honeywell, works with 3 devices without a dongle.
    So you will need to be connected locally.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    Connect to them locally at their lon terminals. I tske it you dont have a copy of CARE software and a dongle.
    They may be on a different domain usually should be (C0) from memory. Node util would sort that for you.
    Another program I used to use was Excelon from Honeywell, works with 3 devices without a dongle.
    Thank you for responding. I actually have 3 devices out of network.
    I am able to connect locally.
    Will try Excelon if will be able to get one.
    Could you give any advice where to get Care? Does Honeywell has local distributors or so like Rockwell for example

Post Likes
    Getting a copy of Care with a usb dongle may be difficult to get as the entire XL5000 product line was obsoleted almost a year ago. You may be better served by replacing the zone manager with some 21st century tech and reintegrating the vav’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    The Zone Managers have been installed by Honeywell also in this century but are abandoned. They worked as interface between LON and C-Bus. My proposal: Try to reanimate the system based on XL10 and ZM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stability View Post
    The Zone Managers have been installed by Honeywell also in this century but are abandoned. They worked as interface between LON and C-Bus. My proposal: Try to reanimate the system based on XL10 and ZM.
    Hello. Thank you for responding. Could you help me with Excelon or any another software?
    I owe you for ExcelOnline and never send you what I promised.

Post Likes
    To program an array of a ZM and a maximum of 60 LON devices you need CARE and EVision.
    EVision is necessary for CARE versions from 1.5.2d to about 5. Earlier versions had no LON functions, later ones (OpenLON) had LON functions and interfacing between LON and C-Bus integrated. In this case you need an Excel500C or ExcelSmart or Excel800.
    CARE is licenced by a dongle or by software depending on the version, EVision needs a dongle.
    Greetings from Europe (Bert)

Post Likes
    Hello. Which SLTA adapter did you use to set up communication?
    On my VAVII w7751b2002 controllers I saw transceiver FTT-10.

Can I connect to E-Bus with those VAVII controllers using SLTA/2 adapter and Excelon?
    I tried and couldn't.
    But was able with Rapid Balance software

Can different software has different buit in drivers to run with different adapters?

So probably for Excelon I must need SLTA-10 adapter but for Rapid Balance SLTA/ is fine?

Post Likes
    Over all the years I've used a PCMCIA card with appropriate drivers. FTT-10 is the LON standard transceiver.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialOne View Post
    Can I connect to E-Bus with those VAVII controllers using SLTA/2 adapter and Excelon?
    I tried and couldn't.
    But was able with Rapid Balance software
    So from what I read, you can communicate to the VAV controllers with Rapidbalance and your SLTA but cannot communicate when using the Excelon software and your SLTA.
    Seems strange to me, as the SLTA driver should present the SLTA as 'LON1' and both programs should be able to latch on to this port in software.
    Have you tried finding a copy of Node-Util, its a bit difficult to use but as its old it should be happy with an SLTA.
    What is the version of windows you are trying to run these programs on by the way?
    Maybe Node-Util wont work on a 64 bit machine.

Altyernatively buy a USB U10/U20 network interface stick (Echelon part number 75010R FT-10)and download the LDV500 driver, that should work on most modern(ish) platforms.
    This all might seem a little expensive for three possibly failed devices, if they are failed then what do you intend replacing them with? I dont think you can still purchase Excel10 controllers these days.
    Maybe you can get repairs though.

Keith

Post Likes
    Oh, by the way.
    I have an old PCMCIA PCC-10 Network Adaptor (which worked perfectly the last time it was plugged into my old Laptop)
    And importantly the plug and lead that enables you to connect to the LON bus.

I was meaning to offer this for free to anyone who had a need for such an adaptor on this site but never got around to it. (Orion tells me that these do not make good doorstops like the old PCI card variety)
    So if you are interested ping me a PM, its free, but as I'm in England I'd appreciate the postage being paid.

Note that this is a PCMCIA card and not cardbus or any of the other interface types. Oh and no driver with it, youll need to find and download that, I suggest you try for the driver first to avoid disapointment.

Post Likes
    Hello. Thank you for helping me to knock down that door...

So :
    1. I got now SLTA-10 adaptor.
    2. Download SLTA link manager ( on Ecelon web site it says that it is Network Driver. Is it? Or it is just fo remote access through modem?). Installed it.
    3. Set dip switches for local connection ( #5 up, rest down)
    4. Connected to Port one of the controllers on E-bus
    5. Run Excelon v. 4.1. but can't get online.

I don't know exactly subnet #, domain ID.
    In manual for Excelon it says something to run Excelon with another management tool in parallel on the same channel. Does that mean I NEED ORIGINAL PROGRAM LIKE CARE, WHERE SITE WAS CREATED? If yes do I need just the program or I need even the PROJECT FILE?

What I am planning to do is just assign Neuron ID for the missing nodes. I am not planning to upload/download anything or change set points.

My Windows is XP professional.
    Excelon and Link manager compatible with Windows XP.

My concern is Is the SLTA link manager driver for local communication? Do I need it at all?

Post Likes
    This is the additional SLTA10 driver needed for windows. 32bit windows only. I don't know about excelon but I've used it with node utility.
    https://www.echelon.com/software-dow...e=153-0026-01B

Post Likes
    That is what I downloaded. I can set communication with SLTA-10. It disconnecting me. What is your dip switches Settings on SLTA?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hello. Now I am connected to E-bus with Excelon. It is not registered.
    My question is Should Excelon show me all nodes on the tree(subnet)? Cause I see only 3. You text me that I will be limited to 3 nodes. But limited to work with or even to see them online? Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Thank you. Looks like dip switch #5 up for Autobaudrate detection is not working. When set manually according to info you provided it let me go Online. Didn't use NodeUtility yet. Could you assign Neuron ID on E-bus using it?

Post Likes
    Hello. Now I am connected to E-bus with Excelon. It is not registered.
    My question is Should Excelon show me all nodes on the tree(subnet)? Cause I see only 3. You text me that I will be limited to 3 nodes. But limited to work with or even to see them online? Thank you
    Each node that I see online is on two Domains with different subnets:

Domain 0
    Subnet 3

And

Domain C2
    Subnet2

My Ebus is free topology

Post Likes

Domain C2
    Subnet2

My Ebus is free topology
    C2 will be the domain set up with the EVision software most likely.
    The unregistered Excelon will only discover three nodes, why I said you will have to connect to the suspect devices locally off the LON network.
    Now connect to a device that is reporting on the network, likely they will have the same domains. This would tell me that the devices should be discoverable by the Zone manager.
    When connected to the uncommunicable devices, can you see all of the snvts etc? if so then likely the devices are ok and the zone manager needs to be configured again with the neuron ID's
    i.e. the devices need to be commissioned into the Zone manager with EVision.
    Or maybe they have been swapped out at some point and whoever did so, didnt have Evision (or the EVision project) and just let them run standalone.
    I think a VAVII will run standalone, you would need to set up the parameters, which would be fairly daunting with something like Excelon (but could be done at a push) more likely you would use Rapidbalance or the plugin with Lonmaker.
    If you are going to persevere with the zone managers ('manglers' I once saw them called before on this site) then you are going to need EVision and will have to recreate the EVision project from scratch I think.

You dont say what this is all connected back to. There may be another way to resolve this, but it will likely cost.

Regards
    Keith

Post Likes
    C2 will be the domain set up with the EVision software most likely.
    The unregistered Excelon will only discover three nodes, why I said you will have to connect to the suspect devices locally off the LON network.
    Now connect to a device that is reporting on the network, likely they will have the same domains. This would tell me that the devices should be discoverable by the Zone manager.
    When connected to the uncommunicable devices, can you see all of the snvts etc? if so then likely the devices are ok and the zone manager needs to be configured again with the neuron ID's
    i.e. the devices need to be commissioned into the Zone manager with EVision.
    Or maybe they have been swapped out at some point and whoever did so, didnt have Evision (or the EVision project) and just let them run standalone.
    I think a VAVII will run standalone, you would need to set up the parameters, which would be fairly daunting with something like Excelon (but could be done at a push) more likely you would use Rapidbalance or the plugin with Lonmaker.
    If you are going to persevere with the zone managers ('manglers' I once saw them called before on this site) then you are going to need EVision and will have to recreate the EVision project from scratch I think.

You dont say what this is all connected back to. There may be another way to resolve this, but it will likely cost.

Regards
    Keith
    Hello. Thanks for your continuous support.
    All 23pcs VAV-II conteollers on free topology E-bus connected to Zone Manager.
    Zone manager connect E-bus to C-bus.
    All HVAC system units on E-bus and on C-bus are controlled by Building supervisor software.
    I agree with you that VAV-II controller can work standalone. But in my case it receiving( temperature setpoint, air flow ) and sending ( setpoints value) from and to supervisor. It doesnt share any NVI or NVO with another controllers.

Some of my controllers are in initializing state so the light is lit soled. In my understanding if I will request Node searching from Excelon and will press service pin on the board it should be recognized by E-bus and shouldn't hurt any bindings or E-bus mapping. Is that true?
    If I need to install new board for the ones that are fiscally dead than it will require plaing with the board configuration, changing Neuron ID in the Original progect...
    Is that possible to remove the Neuron chip from the old board and soldered it into the new one? Because one board is not even powered up
    Thank you)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast