+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung mini split

Post Likes

Samsung mini split

I have a samsung mini split model AJ020JCJ2CH. It is all wired and installed and ran a test run. Everything ran for twelve minutes like it is suppose to. I realized I didn't get a remote control thermostat with it. I have my two F1 and F1 wires going to outdoor and indoor unit. Now when I turn everything on it times out in 2 minutes saying communication error. Which I understand because there is nothing telling it to turn on. Can I find 24 volts and hard wire a thermostat to the wall to run this unit or do I have to order a remote control for it. If you have to have that why in the world do they not include that in package. All my voltage is correct for outdoor unit and indoor unit. Thanks

Post Likes
    That model number looks to be an outdoor unit - what’s the indoor unit model number?

3. Likes Restaurant Mech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmlawallace View Post
    I have a samsung mini split model AJ020JCJ2CH. It is all wired and installed and ran a test run. Everything ran for twelve minutes like it is suppose to. I realized I didn't get a remote control thermostat with it. I have my two F1 and F1 wires going to outdoor and indoor unit. Now when I turn everything on it times out in 2 minutes saying communication error. Which I understand because there is nothing telling it to turn on. Can I find 24 volts and hard wire a thermostat to the wall to run this unit or do I have to order a remote control for it. If you have to have that why in the world do they not include that in package. All my voltage is correct for outdoor unit and indoor unit. Thanks
    Talk to the installing Contractor!

Post Likes
    AJ009JNNDCH/AA is the indoor unit. It sits on ceiling grid and blows air down.

Post Likes
    AJJ009JNNDCH/AA

Post Likes
    You need a remote, but you shouldn’t get a communication error. Something’s not installed right.

Post Likes
    Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow. I didn't wire it was just trying to troubleshoot. I appreciate it.

Post Likes
    Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow. I didn't wire it was just trying to troubleshoot. I appreciate it.
    Your there to troubleshoot

Then Troubleshoot damnit!

Post Likes
    What wire is used for communication?
    No, can’t wire in a 24V thermostat.
    You can install a wired wall controller or remote.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Jump L1 to

Post Likes
    May I ask you what your deal is? I just asked a question and you are coming across very ignorant.

Post Likes
    May I ask you what your deal is? I just asked a question and you are coming across very ignorant.
    All this is basic!

Post Likes
    What communication wire was used?
    What is the model number of the indoor unit?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in