+ Reply to Thread

Thread: McQuay/Daikin Chiller pLan failure

Post Likes

McQuay/Daikin Chiller pLan failure

I’ve had a few of these and it takes some playing around to figure out which serial card or controller is actually causing the problem. I usually swap things around and see where the problem follows or stops. This time I am dealing with an intermittent failure and of course I am never on site when it happens. Anyone have a better method to diagnosing a pLan failure on a McQuay/Daikin chiller

Post Likes
    model number?

Post Likes
    Explain the pLan failure a little more. Is this an error message generated by windows on the touchscreen during boot up?

Post Likes
    It’s an AGS180C. Three Microtek II pCo 2 and 3 controllers. One unit controller (pCo2) and each compressor has its own controller, circuit 1 is a pCo2 and circuit 2 is a pCo3 . pLan failure shows up on the main controller as an alarm. I know it’s when it’s not seeing the other controllers on the network but it doesn’t specify which controller is the problem. Then you also don’t know is it the controller or the serial card.

Post Likes
    have any of the controllers been changed out, possible firmware mis-match?

Post Likes
    Software versions must match. May need update to later version. Check connectors between controllers.

Post Likes
    1. Other Fixes and Changes
    pLAN NETWORK FAILURE
    Logic has been revised. Previous logic may have missed pLAN failures after initial power up. Revised logic will catch pLAN failures at power-up and throughout chiller operation.

Code change in revision AGSD30101G, check for latest issued version.

Post Likes
    pLAN Failure
    Alarm description (as shown on screen): pLAN Failure
    Trigger: No circuit controllers found on pLAN for 60 seconds
    Action Taken: Rapid stop all circuits
    Reset: This alarm can be cleared manually via the keypad, but only if at least one circuit is
    connected to pLAN.

No external serial card. Last version code is 1H. All controllers MUST have same version code. 60 sec delay was added in later versions due to frequent faults.

Post Likes
    I am running 01H code currently on all the controllers. Updated it last week to try and correct the problem. I suppose ehsx is correct the serial cards only have comms to the benshaw starters. I’m guessing then it is the main controller because if it sees at least one circuit it’ll run.

Post Likes
    i have Mcquay WMC chiller.

I purchase new display ( this is inbuilt with PC box).
    This new display is not having plan file .
    controller is having program of WMC3UU10K.
    can anyone give me its plan file.

Thanks,
    Rahul Gunjal

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in