+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Basic Mitsubishi But...

Post Likes

Basic Mitsubishi But...

Nothing spectacular or special about this install. So, why is it on the Wall of Pride?

Because the location is water access only, 90 minute drive from shop then about 20 minutes by boat. This means that I needed to bring every tool, nut, bolt, screw, etc and not forget anything.

Can anyone see what I forgot?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Flex connector fittings and clamps?
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

Post Likes
    Seal tight fitting @ disconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes A/C-SuperCool liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The beer.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

6. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    A tiny screwdriver to remove screws on the left side of unit , so close to wall . or I have done this once a 5/16 fitting to access the mini split port

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    A tiny screwdriver to remove screws on the left side of unit , so close to wall . or I have done this once a 5/16 fitting to access the mini split port
    I actually removed the two screws from the left side that holds the top on.

9. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Seal tight fitting @ disconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seal tight fittings are all there.

Post Likes
    The 90 for the lineset hider where it goes into the building?

Post Likes
    Better life choices when you were younger? LOL. I know people have to do this in remote locations, but sheesh.
    BTW, nice job under severe circumstances.
    Can you get to at least 'ice road trucker' it in the winter? Friend of mine lives in Dawson, Yucon, Canada. When the river freezes, basically it gives them a much needed shortcut from Whitehorse to Canada. But they routinely get down to -40°.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    The answer is... clamps for the drain line and seal tight.

The line set goes straight up into the soffit and turns left to enter the house.

Post Likes
    Don’t like square d disconnects. Call them fire starters. First thing I tell new employees is to never turn one off. Go inside to breaker. Recommend replacing it with a pull out style. Had too many that will only give you 120 after it’s been turned off. Wish I still had the pics of houses with melted siding from where the disconnect failed. It’s not a breaker only a switch.

15. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Because it's a wooden house i would not be worried too much about the fasteners for the drain hose. The thing i would be most worried is that i don't see any vibration dampers under that unit. It must be crazy noise from vibration inside the house when it's running. If i would install that unit (or any other) in wooden house, i would install it on ground support only. I use wall support only on concrete wall when i can be sure that there will be no noise coming inside from the outdoor unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RukaHannu View Post
    Because it's a wooden house i would not be worried too much about the fasteners for the drain hose. The thing i would be most worried is that i don't see any vibration dampers under that unit. It must be crazy noise from vibration inside the house when it's running. If i would install that unit (or any other) in wooden house, i would install it on ground support only. I use wall support only on concrete wall when i can be sure that there will be no noise coming inside from the outdoor unit.
    You’ve obviously never installed a Mitsubishi. The are so quiet and smooth, that the only way to tell if it’s running is to see the fan turning.

And, there are vibration absorbers under the unit.

Post Likes
    up high so the beavers won't chew the cables or pipe insulation, or try to net inside the service cover.
    or high enough to output air distance to the tanks meets the spec .

19. Likes bigdmike liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It failed to perform suffiently cool due to the air intake on the left does not meet the clearance spec. Probably the rear side also.

Post Likes
    Is the cable going from outdoor to indoor unit rated at 600v? It looks too thin for such.

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RukaHannu View Post
    We installed a Fujitsu like that but on that stucco over foam wall construction and we used a different brand wall mount than normal which had really hard isolators. And it made a really gentle hum that the owner couldn't stand. That one cost us a bit to swap out for a ground mount so now we are a bit gun shy about wall mounting.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapote View Post
    Is the cable going from outdoor to indoor unit rated at 600v? It looks too thin for such.
    Who cares...not a 600 volt unit so irrelevant

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Who cares...not a 600 volt unit so irrelevant

The owners care and the inspector cares. Codes specify only 600v rated cable be used for 240v application.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapote View Post
    The owners care and the inspector cares. Codes specify only 600v rated cable be used for 240v application.
    That would make NMD90 aka Romex illegal and would pretty make every house in North America in violation of the NEC and CEC.

Wrong again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in