Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini split madness.

Post Likes

Mini split madness.

No snow legs, the flex conduit is not secured and the drain line goes up hill. What could go wrong.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    And a second mini split installed by the same company. This one is a dual zone with both drains going up hill, 4 out of 7 flares leaking, one flare had been cut out and brazed, the electrical connections are all shoddy and the wires connecting one wall unit to the condenser is spliced with wire nuts.

Post Likes
    That is ugly. Let me see if I can find some of a company we worked next to...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We got the contract to rewire the kitchens, set new subs and redo the switchgear. This company set 1 12k split in a 900²ft 1 bed 1 bath appartment. Wall unit in the living room. They beat our price by more than half. We were 2 on 1's. They did 1 on 1's HAF.

Post Likes
    That's the worst stuff I've seen, and I bet these guys think they are professionals. I can hear them bragging now , " We did that job for 1/2 the money of those other guys in 1/2 the time"
    "He who knows the least, knows it the loudest"
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

Post Likes
    That one high up on the wall is facing the wrong direction.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

8. Likes CircusEnvy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    At least it isn't blowing straight into the other unit. There's a new motel near me with about 4 minis blowing directly into each other and the last one blowing directly into the ducted unit's condenser.

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The funniest part of this one is that the contractor for the job who had not returned the owners call for a few months called her back while we're looking it over and she told him that she found someone else. A couple hours later the original installer shows up and says oh she already got you on it and I just said yep. (At this point I thought the carpenter had installed it him self) so I said I don't know who installed it but it shure leaks and he said "yeah me and so and so installed it. I did the electrical and he did the copper. I guess he didn't tighten the flares enough."
    I was thinking and you admitted it!

12. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    At least it isn't blowing straight into the other unit. There's a new motel near me with about 4 minis blowing directly into each other and the last one blowing directly into the ducted unit's condenser.
    I have an apartment I work on they did this. As they die I move them. One section there were six in a row blowing into each other. Middle on died and when I put the new one in I turned it 90* and out of the line of other units.

Some dumb f ck goes wonder why that unit turned backwards......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The 15 foot preassembled lineset was too short so he cut the flares off the end brazed more copper on and brazed the flare on to the end. And these were horrible factory flares that had no chance of sealing.
    I replaced both line sets and reflared them with double flares as I learned from @BBeerme
    The sad thing is that I am pretty sure our repair cost as much as the original install so the owner essentially had to pay twice to have it installed.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    The funniest part of this one is that the contractor for the job who had not returned the owners call for a few months called her back while we're looking it over and she told him that she found someone else. A couple hours later the original installer shows up and says oh she already got you on it and I just said yep. (At this point I thought the carpenter had installed it him self) so I said I don't know who installed it but it shure leaks and he said "yeah me and so and so installed it. I did the electrical and he did the copper. I guess he didn't tighten the flares enough."

If they think it’s a good job then they will try to brag about it. Maybe they thought they had done good?

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Looks like some 3rd world crap.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes

A friend of mine was telling me about how their dad removed their dishwasher with a chain saw during a renovation. He cut through the floor and hit the water line, flooded the place... some people just think bad ideas are great!

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    If they think it’s a good job then they will try to brag about it. Maybe they thought they had done good?

What they don't know is that the equipment owner is going to send them a bill for what we charged to make it right.

21. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    lol
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    We got the contract to rewire the kitchens, set new subs and redo the switchgear. This company set 1 12k split in a 900²ft 1 bed 1 bath appartment. Wall unit in the living room. They beat our price by more than half. We were 2 on 1's. They did 1 on 1's HAF.

Wow somehow I missed this being busy. That looks pretty horrible.

Post Likes
    Wow somehow I missed this being busy. That looks pretty horrible.

Oh it was bad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    A friend of mine was telling me about how their dad removed their dishwasher with a chain saw during a renovation. He cut through the floor and hit the water line, flooded the place... some people just think bad ideas are great!

I just changed my dishwasher. I didn’t know that was an option.

Post Likes
    I admit that they weren’t necessarily lazy...how much easier it would have been to put that condenser near the ground? Maybe they forgot the line set cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast