+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Settings for a chocolates display case?

Post Likes

Settings for a chocolates display case?

Stop by a new storefront on my way home. Owner had three display cases. "Display Concepts" model CCGAR that he wants my opinion on. Glass front displays, laminated plywood cabinets used for candy and chocolates. None of the units were plugged in, yet were full of beautiful yummy product. All three had Ranco digital controls plus a separate humidistat. Temp, differential and humidity settings were all over the place like someone had just pushed buttons and turned dials for the hell of it.
    I shut the units off quickly before blowing dust all over the goodies.

Bored with post Covid paper pushing, which is what my day job has turned into. Will return after hours later in the week to do basic condenser and evap cleanings. Need an idea on what these units temp and humidity set points should be.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Post Likes
    Depending, between 60-68*F and under 55%RH. If too cold,when brought out into the air, the chocolate will sweat and ruin the whole deal.

Post Likes
    Ambient RH MUST be maintained all4 seasons.
    If too low the cases can’t make up and the chocolate drys out.
    Too high and the moisture condensed on it when coming out of the case.

4. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    https://www.lakechamplainchocolates....tore-chocolate

Store it in a cool, dry place. When chocolate is kept at a consistent temperature below 70°F (ideally between 65 and 68°F), and at a humidity of less than 55%, the emulsion of cocoa solids and cocoa butter will stay stable for months.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    https://www.lakechamplainchocolates....tore-chocolate

Store it in a cool, dry place. When chocolate is kept at a consistent temperature below 70°F (ideally between 65 and 68°F), and at a humidity of less than 55%, the emulsion of cocoa solids and cocoa butter will stay stable for months.
    That’s true but what happens when you take it out of the controlled environment into a store with high humidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    That’s true but what happens when you take it out of the controlled environment into a store with high humidity?
    You fix the rtu or split system in the store so it no longer had high humidity( try slowing down the blower speed if necessary)...lol

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I worked on a few. Set to factory specs. One thing for sure is the owner really gets piss off if the chocolate turns white. Be there done that.

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in