Post Likes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Fit, and shine.
    Bender got a workout on those lines!
    Care about what you do.

Nice!
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Hard pipe baby. We don't use soft in commercial

Post Likes
    nice replacment job what happend to the old trane that it had to be replaced?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    nice replacment job what happend to the old trane that it had to be replaced?
    Had a check up done. Guy let all the gas out. I did a quick refill until replaced

Post Likes
    Nice looking job. I just hate seeing media cabinets against the furnace cabinet. You may use a 16x25 or 20x25 but your furnace opening is only 14x18 so only part of the filter is getting airflow. Our distributor has transitions made to help get air over the entire cabinet and if you have over 3 ton, they have a riser box for under the furnace so you can get air under and that screwball opening on the side. Or we use right angle medias again getting air over all the media.

12. Likes gravity liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i see but could you have gassed up the old one and it kept on working or was more wrong with it besides the gas being let out of it?

Post Likes
    I replaced both shraiders the first time and pulled a quick vacuum. Filled her up. Lasted about 3 weeks.

Replaced both shraiders again and repeated. It lasted until i came and replaced it.

I pumped her down and found the liquid line service valve leaking as soon as i took the cap off.

Apparently there was no shraiders in it when the first guy came out and did it. Thats how the charge was dumped

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Nice looking job. I just hate seeing media cabinets against the furnace cabinet. You may use a 16x25 or 20x25 but your furnace opening is only 14x18 so only part of the filter is getting airflow. Our distributor has transitions made to help get air over the entire cabinet and if you have over 3 ton, they have a riser box for under the furnace so you can get air under and that screwball opening on the side. Or we use right angle medias again getting air over all the media.
    That reminds me of the time I told a helper to cut me the return out of the side of the furnace. He laid the 20 x 25 filter cabinet up against the furnace, drew a line, and started cutting.

I was off doing something else, and I noticed it was taking him quite a long time. Came back down to the basement and realized he was cutting past the firewall, into the heat exchanger section of the furnace. I never yelled so loud .

He was looking at me like "boy, that was hard to cut through", lol. Since then I never walk away from an apprentice for even the most basic of tasks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in