Thread: Replacement coil for CK3BXA036000 Bryant AC

Post Likes

Replacement coil for CK3BXA036000 Bryant AC

I need a replacement coil for my 1998 Bryant A/C, the part number is CK3BXA036000. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you,

Mike

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePop View Post
    I need a replacement coil for my 1998 Bryant A/C, the part number is CK3BXA036000. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you,

Mike
    From your service provider?

What else do you need besides the coil

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MikePop View Post

Thank you,

Mike
    I’m sure they haven’t made that coil, with that part number, since Moby Dick was a minnow. Probably have to get a new one with the same tonnage and dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Mr Bill;25912576]I’m sure they haven’t made that coil, with that part number, since Moby Dick was a minnow. Probably have to get a new one with the same tonnage and dimensions.

Well, it was made in late 1998 so Moby Dick was probably already grown up. Yes, my question is which newer part would have the same dimensions and tonnage. It has to be the same as it fits in a very narrow space in my attic. Thanks!

Post Likes

Ages ago, they used to make a coil called a Red-T coil, that was designed for tight Applications. Now days the ones they make, won’t hardly fit through the attic opening, and some won’t fit we have to alter the opening. I would get on the horn and call a service company, they can probably help you with one for your Application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Thank you Bill, I am calling a technician indeed, was just trying to anticipate if the part exists and how much it goes for. The problem with the attic is not with the opening which is large, but that the space where the furnace and AC reside is very tight and can not be increased unless I demolish my roof.

Post Likes
    There are companies like ADP and Aspen that make coils that can be used to replace existing coils. The installer needs to make sure the piston is properly sized. With our pricing a coil change is about 1/2 way to a new system in a lot of cases.

8. Likes ksefan, MikePop liked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in