Thread: Server Room Water Protection

Post Likes

Server Room Water Protection

Found this today, the IT guy was proud of himself for protecting his servers from a leak in the tenant space above.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Effort is the 1st step towards failure.

2. Likes BALloyd, Shogun88888888, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Damn.... they didn't even consider some poly over the rack as a second line of defense?
    You don't squat with your spurs on.
    And you NEVER put the torches away before pressure testing.

Post Likes
    Somebody was itching to be creative. Not smart, but creative.
    Everything I’m going to say today are my conclusions and my opinions, my opinions are based on my education, my training, my experience. Different people have different experiences, so they have different opinions and I make no claim that my opinion has its origin in the mind greatness. - Paul Harrell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC Service View Post
    Found this today, the IT guy was proud of himself for protecting his servers from a leak in the tenant space above.
    Well we have seen his plumbing skills.....hopefully his IT security skills are less of a hack job.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    he should stick to it a lot of effort to fix a problem caused by the tenant above i would have made that problem be fixed first
    and my server racks can be moved from one side of the room to the other plently of slack to move to clean etc

Post Likes
    Not skilled enough to remove the ceiling tile...the whole shebang could've crumbled in his face.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Notice the tile is pitched with a cable tie on the grid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    and my server racks can be moved from one side of the room to the other plently of slack to move to clean etc
    Looks like this one is a seismic install, top is bolted to the wall. Very common in certain areas of the country.

Post Likes
    yes that is a common trick to get the water to run to the edge of the tile not in the middle like his bucket is

Post Likes
    could be or its tippy and they dont want it falling over

Post Likes
    My day job has me going into a lot of data centers...I’ve seen this exact type of setup more than once 🙄

Think the worst was the company that decided to put their Datacenter in the basement...nobody thought it was a problem to be right under the housekeeping room for the company that held several industrial sized washing machines that leaked BAD at least once a month. There were a lot of emergency tarps at the ready.