+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New (to me) van purchase/opinions.

Post Likes

New (to me) van purchase/opinions.

Hey all... quick question looking for opinions. Looking to get a replacement van.

2014(or newer) Sprinter? 4cyl or 6?

2015(ish) Transit? EcoBoost or not?

I’m mainly looking at short wheelbase/tall roof. I run all my miles pretty well loaded, lots of parts.

I appreciate any opinions/experience/discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Transits are pretty solid - good space, nice riding position, last a while with consistent maintenance. Heavily loaded they feel pretty under powered, so watch for that.

If you have a full load of tools and parts, I'd probably go with a 6cyl Sprinter of the two. I also hear a lot of guys like Promasters. They seem to be hit or miss on maintenance issues though.

Post Likes
    Had both 4 cyl and 6 cyl Sprinters at a company I worked at...I believe we were getting at least 10-15 percent better fuel economy from the 4cyl if that is a concern.

6 cyl if you need to tow anything. Also never used to be able to get 4wd unless you got the 6cyl unless that has changed.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in