Thread: Deep fryers , who makes a good one ??

Post Likes

Deep fryers , who makes a good one ??

under 2 grand ..... 40lb is what Id like to find

I see Pitco offers a 900 dollar one , and 1600 dollar one

The expensive one supposedly saves money on your Gas bill AND heats faster

But .... Pretty much Every manufacturer use the un-relieble milivolt with the high limit that craps out every year , or the stat for that matter

I know of 1 Pitco Frialator thats about 20 years old in this chinese joint , and the tank is dripping now , but other than that , its was sooooooo friggin dependable , I think I replaced the Thermocouple once

Its got the "Gas Valve" used as a thermostat type deal ( Robertshaw 4290-006 ) that last forever

So anyhow , anyone know of a decent fryer under 2 grand ?

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    You speak favorably of that particular Chinese restaurant's Pitco fryer with the Robertshaw 4290-006 thermostat. That's a hydraulic thermostat, referred to as a GS thermostat. Those use gas flow to actuate a bleed-type combination valve when there's a call for heat. It's a unique setup which Pitco seems to be the only ones using.

I agree that they're very dependable. They don't rely so heavily on the thermopile's overall circuit as standard millivolt fryers do since that circuit is only limited to the pilot valve (through the hi-limit) -vs- straight-up millivolt fryers also requiring the 750mV thermopile output to power the main valve as well.

Troubleshooting them can be challenging for those who don't know how they work. However, looking back to when I was in the field, service calls on those fryers were rare...so that may very well be a testament to your statement of how dependable they are.

So anyhow...
    Do they still make them?
    Yes.
    Model 35C+, 45+ and a few others. They're all economy fryers which should sell below your 2 grand mark.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    holy cow you're right !

I wonder how long it lasts nowadays

4. Likes ECtofix liked this post.