+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barb fittings

Post Likes

Barb fittings

Im looking for a barb fitting/mender/reducer.

Dill weeds didnt know what they were doing so here I am trying to make it work.

They have a 1/4 poly line coming of the mini condensate pump. They ran 1/2 poly out the building.

Originally they used a caulking tube tip to make the transition. well 10 years later they are coming loose. I refuse to put a caulking tip in.

Im striking out finding a 1/4 to 1/2 barb to barb fitting. Even the Grainger does not have one.

Looking at what grainger has, looks like i might have to go 1/4 to 3/8 then to the half. Anyone have any other source? the googler is striking out.

Post Likes
    Try an auto parts store. They have one that is plastic and you cut to size it starts large and then go small. You may be able to make that work for you.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    This is the size, good luck finding it local Probably have to order online. 1062X8X4
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Do you think it’d be easier to pull one continuous section of 1/2”? How about making your own coupling with copper and clamps?

5. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Do you think it’d be easier to pull one continuous section of 1/2”? How about making your own coupling with copper and clamps?
    It probably would have been easier to run 1/4 the whole way to reduce the head against the pump. But, they are the biggest hack group in town. They will find the cheapest way to do a job then do it cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    This is the size, good luck finding it local Probably have to order online. 1062X8X4
    Thanks for the info good sir.

First google site brought them up. 1.09 per piece. So, how much time did it take them to round up 50 some odd caulking tube tips, cut on them to get them to fit the hoses, clamp them etc etc. when they could have just got a $1 barb fitting.

Things that make you go huh.

8. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    what term did you use for that search. i searched amazon as well but didnt stumble across those.

Post Likes
    It was a Source I saved, after I ordered Barb fittings for my aquarium. Probably searched PVC XX Barb x XXX Barb.

Post Likes
    Also found here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-1-2-...cAAOSwBNNcrOwA

I'm sure I had to heat the tube, to get it on the barb, most likely with hot water.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Also found here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-1-2-...cAAOSwBNNcrOwA

I'm sure I had to heat the tube, to get it on the barb, most likely with hot water.
    Wait not a mapp has torch?
    Not that I know anyone who would heat the tube with one, just popped in my head as a thought.

Post Likes
    I have a fitting to go from 1/4" to 3/8 that gets used for the pressure tap on some of the new gas valves. Put the 1/2" over the 3/8" tube and clamp it. Every new furnace I get seem s like they have one in the kit or maybe it is in the LP kit. the point is the fitting should not be hard to find.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I have a fitting to go from 1/4" to 3/8 that gets used for the pressure tap on some of the new gas valves. Put the 1/2" over the 3/8" tube and clamp it. Every new furnace I get seem s like they have one in the kit or maybe it is in the LP kit. the point is the fitting should not be hard to find.
    One wouldn’t think it would be hard to find yet no one in town has them. Grainger didn’t have one that I saw etc. I thought it they would be easy to get my hands on. Clearly not.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in