Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can wifi be disabled on Trane XL824 thermostat?

I would like to get the Trane XL824 thermostat, but I do want anything with a wifi signal in my house. Can the wifi on the thermostat be turned off or disabled? If it is turned off, will it still emit radio frequencies? Could the installer manually disconnect the wifi terminal? I want a thermostat that can be used to control indoor humidity by keeping the two stage AC in low speed but that does not have wifi or that can have wifi turned off. Not sure if such a thermostat exists.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a customer asked me that before so can I ask you why radio frequencies are a problem? Wi-Fi signals, cell phone signals, and radio/tv frequencies are literally everywhere so I'm trying to understand what your specific need is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would assume so its not hacked or messed with i to will never have smart devices in my home unless i can control what they do and who they talk to etc and so far that means ZERO devices .
    smart devices do have a place in the moodern world but not for all.
    Just like some love the new wireless gage sets some sware by and use the old analog sets

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't input the wifi password when setting up. I don't know about trane but on the various ones I have done this you just lose OD temp display because they use info from something like the " Weather Channel " for info.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also get a Honeywell Prestige 2.0 and that will have humidity control.