Thread: CFM vacuum pump

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CFM vacuum pump

I'm looking to purchase a new vacuum pump of my own instead of relying on the companies. I'm also looking to make sure I have a vacuum that is strong enough to take on the commercial side. Could anyone make any recommendations as far as CFMs, brands, and are 2 stage pumps worth the extra $$

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have had no issues doing most everything with my JB7 Platinum. My cousin just bought the Navac 6 cfm and has shown to be fairly well built.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does that work on a 25 ton unit?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pulled 24 ton systems down to 200 microns or less in 2 hours. The Appion TEZ8 did it in 90 minutes. We haven't used the NAVAC on anything over 5 tons yet. I should mention this was all on new installs and not repairs. Repair time takes alot longer.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a jb extreme. CFMs do matter so get the highest you can afford. I think mine is 6. The fieldpiece pump has some interesting innovations like being able to change oil with it running.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At work we have a uni weld 5.5 cfm 2 stage pump and a couple Jb 6cfm 2 stage. The uniweld is a lot lighter than the jb and does a fine job. I actually like it over the jbs we have. Price seems good too.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a JB Extreme 6 CFM, 2 stage for a while now, long enough for it to break the coupling between the motor and pump assembly. I called JB to order it, they sent it to me for free. I also had my hook break at the tied part of the loop and it fell about 20 feet, I thought it was toast, it just broke the back housing of the motor and is still pumping and pulling really well, I do large systems with it as well, I do like the Appion line, just cant afford one right now, but after looking at them, I will probably buy one of those next and keep the JB for a backup and retire my Old As Dirt, Robinair, its a medium blue color and weighs enough to use as a boat anchor, You Old Guys know what pump I'm talking about, it was old 25 years ago when I bought it from a pawn shop.

8. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    I've had a JB Extreme 6 CFM, 2 stage for a while now, long enough for it to break the coupling between the motor and pump assembly. I called JB to order it, they sent it to me for free. I also had my hook break at the tied part of the loop and it fell about 20 feet, I thought it was toast, it just broke the back housing of the motor and is still pumping and pulling really well, I do large systems with it as well, I do like the Appion line, just cant afford one right now, but after looking at them, I will probably buy one of those next and keep the JB for a backup and retire my Old As Dirt, Robinair, its a medium blue color and weighs enough to use as a boat anchor, You Old Guys know what pump I'm talking about, it was old 25 years ago when I bought it from a pawn shop.
    I'm only 33 and know exactly what pump you're talking about. My old shop used to have one with a 25' extension cord used as a replacement cord. The TEZ8 is awesome and you can change the oil on the fly. Supposedly the fieldpiece is similar...

10. Likes RMSG01 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_wanna_be View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a new vacuum pump of my own instead of relying on the companies. I'm also looking to make sure I have a vacuum that is strong enough to take on the commercial side. Could anyone make any recommendations as far as CFMs, brands, and are 2 stage pumps worth the extra $$
    Commercial work the contractor will supply tools like that.

A 6CFM pump is fine for most RTU's as long as you have the larger hoses! Take the extra time and clean things up, aline belts and pullies, clean up wiring. There's always 5 & 10 minuet jobs to be done

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two stage with ballast valve best. Keep ballast partly open till moisture potential is minimal, close for deep vacuum.
    Change oil after each use.

Make sure hoses are vacuum rated or use cu tubing. Standard manifold hoses are not vacuum rated.

A one cfm pump with a 1/2" hose will pull down ~ twice as fast as a five cfm pump with a 1/4" hose (@6', per vendor)

13. Likes RMSG01 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    Two stage with ballast valve best. Keep ballast partly open till moisture potential is minimal, close for deep vacuum.
    Change oil after each use.

Make sure hoses are vacuum rated or use cu tubing. Standard manifold hoses are not vacuum rated.

A one cfm pump with a 1/2" hose will pull down ~ twice as fast as a five cfm pump with a 1/4" hose (@6', per vendor)
    Very True! Using 1/4" standard hoses I get various readings pulling vacuum on the same thing using the same setup and micron gauge, it is annoying to say the least.