Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manufactured home sizing reboot

The other one won't open now. Here you go GA!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...

Cannot say I have ever seen that sheet... new to me.

We do not have much in the way of mobile homes around here... couple of 'parks' where unskilled labor types live... mostly Hispanic. They usually get a buddy to stuff in non-mobile home approved equipment... and it does not work well.

I quoted some of it years (decade) ago... realized the specialty stuff for mobile homes was expensive...
    Nobody wanted to pay the premium for the right equipment... so I do not do mobile homes anymore.
    Understand, I live in a large metro area.

I suspect there is some special stuff for doing a LC on a mobile home... however I do not know much about it.
    Might figure out the 'model' of the mobile home... and call the manufacturer... they might be able to give you some guidance.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm...

Cannot say I have ever seen that sheet... new to me.

We do not have much in the way of mobile homes around here... couple of 'parks' where unskilled labor types live... mostly Hispanic. They usually get a buddy to stuff in non-mobile home approved equipment... and it does not work well.

I quoted some of it years (decade) ago... realized the specialty stuff for mobile homes was expensive...
    Nobody wanted to pay the premium for the right equipment... so I do not do mobile homes anymore.
    Understand, I live in a large metro area.

I suspect there is some special stuff for doing a LC on a mobile home... however I do not know much about it.
    Might figure out the 'model' of the mobile home... and call the manufacturer... they might be able to give you some guidance.
    I know a lot about installing in mobile homes, have done a lot, but usually just do like for like. My issue is that the form shows 55K btu of cooling needed. No Fing way here for sure. 4.5 tons is ridiculous for a 1700 sq ft trailer here. I would go 3 ton on gut instinct, but we all know how that works out.

Also, if anyone can at least give me blower specs on that Coleman air handler Model, it will help immensely.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man J does have additional data for load on MH. We get a few days 100+ from time to time so the rule of thumb here is for MH's " you can't get too big ". 14/80 single wides 3 1/2 or 4 typical. Dbl. wides 4 t splits then 5 t were pkg units but in my last few years someone stsrted makeing a 5t blower . Just sale them a 5T Bosch inverter condenser since Bosch says will work with conventional AH
    Are you on the coast side of Or or on east side of the mountains ? My son was in Salem for 3 years & my Mom lived in Medford during WWII. I'm familiar with the Willamette Valley area but not much else about Oregon.