Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace / AC Maintenance Agreements

I am looking to see how many homeowners have a yearly preventative maintenance agreement on the furnace or AC system. Is it work having or do you purchase a home warranty program to cover repair cost?

Also, how many HVAC companies are performing yearly maintenance agreements with their customers? If so, is that a large percentage of your business or is it standard billable work that is more of your business?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth having? Yes. Even if you do have a home warranty program they will usually require you to do yearly maintenance. Many repairs from them get turned down because maintenance hasn't been done. Just search this site to get many opinions about home warranties from members and homeowners.

Virtually all companies do maintenance for their customers.

Maintenance is not a real moneymaker for most companies.

A unit that is maintenanced regularly will likely last longer give you less problems and be more efficient. What problems do occur can many times be taken care of earlier before they become more expensive to repair. You are less likely to be without heat or AC with a maintenanced system and maintenance agreement. You will many times get discounts on repairs and expect priority service usually over non agreement customers. Remember that systems tend to break down more when it is most needed or when it is the hottest or coldest weather.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

3. Likes glalla2001, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pageyjim is telling it like it is. When I owned an hvac company my service agreement customers had priority on emergency break down but those didn't happen much when maintained.
    From a business stand point " maitinance agreements " are an asset . There is a theory that only 100 contracts will keep one service tech busy & make his payroll year round. Now, " home warranties " are a waste of money especially to the servicing company due to how much is paid,imho

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like doing Maintenance. When done properly most customers go thru a season w/o calling me even once. I do Preventive Maintenance on a T&M pay scale only. I sell parts,I sell labor,I sell quality.

Yesterdays routine,1 customer, Two Carrier 5T split.

8hrs labor
    6lb r-22
    1- evap blower motor, 3/4 HP,115vac,1075 rpm, 3 speed.
    1-run cap-oval,15-370vac
    1-Comp contactor, 3p,40/50amp,lug, 24v coil.

2days ago,1 customer, 2 Lennox RTU

7 hr labor
    1 comp contactor(like above)
    2- 1/3 hp 208/230/1 phase, cond fan motors
    2- run caps

Stuff like that.

I used 200' of water hose on both customers.

6. Likes ksefan liked this post.