+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graphics on metasys doesn't fill the whole screen.

Post Likes

Graphics on metasys doesn't fill the whole screen.

When we view our graphics page we can see the whole graphics, however the size is only half the page. It makes it very hard to see cause everything is so small. You can zoom in but you have to zoom in so far that you only see one thing. We just updated our launcher to 1.7 and noticed this issue on select computers. This issue is also on all of our tablets.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JW94 View Post
    When we view our graphics page we can see the whole graphics, however the size is only half the page. It makes it very hard to see cause everything is so small. You can zoom in but you have to zoom in so far that you only see one thing. We just updated our launcher to 1.7 and noticed this issue on select computers. This issue is also on all of our tablets.
    Are you using SMP or Metasys UI?

Post Likes
    We are using SMP

Post Likes
    try to push square button in the left upper corner of grathics - if you use GGT

Post Likes
    Name:  hvac talk issue.png
Views: 1463
Size:  229.2 KB This is what my screen looks like. I tried hitting the little square in the top left corner but that just expands to the size it is already.

Post Likes
    Looks like it’s at 86% zoom level based on the upper left square with the arrows and ball in the upper left of the circle.
    Grab the little ball and move left or right till the zoom is adjusted so the graphic fills your screen as you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes but the issue I'm having is on the right side and bottom of the graphics is light grey. On my desktop that is working the graphics fills all of that in. This is a screenshot from my laptop, which you can see. However on our tablets its so small you cant see anything. Plus the zoom button in the top left corner is so small and hard to get to. I've tried comparing my desktop settings to my laptop but there the same. Also Microsoft Silverlight which is needed to view the graphics is a higher version on my desktop compared to my laptop, but the tablets are the same version as my desktop.

Post Likes
    Wow, that's silverlight? One of the reasons I turned down a lighting system was because their front end used silverlight, a year and a half ago. "We are working on it" isn't good enough when 96%+ of browser market share have dropped support for it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...end-of-support

Post Likes
    And silverlight is no longer supported I think this year or next. I am surprised Johnson went from Silverlight dependant GGT to Silverlight dependant SMP... odd
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    And silverlight is no longer supported I think this year or next. I am surprised Johnson went from Silverlight dependant GGT to Silverlight dependant SMP... odd
    The Metasys UI is 100% HTML 5–no silverlight.

Post Likes
    Well that would explain it...
    I had heard it was HTML5, which would make sense.
    That is what I get for extrapolating rumors....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    The Metasys UI is 100% HTML 5–no silverlight.
    Name:  metasys graphics.PNG
Views: 1279
Size:  46.7 KB

Metasys from the JCI launcher still uses Silverlight tho. I got a new laptop 3 weeks ago and when I went to view graphics on metasys it prompted me to install Silverlight. This image was taken from the help tab at the top of metasys. Then metasys graphics help, which takes you to "graphics + Runtime Help"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JW94 View Post
    Name:  metasys graphics.PNG
Views: 1279
Size:  46.7 KB

Metasys from the JCI launcher still uses Silverlight tho. I got a new laptop 3 weeks ago and when I went to view graphics on metasys it prompted me to install Silverlight. This image was taken from the help tab at the top of metasys. Then metasys graphics help, which takes you to "graphics + Runtime Help"
    The MUI doesn’t use the launcher. The SMP does need silverlight to view GGT graphics.

Post Likes
    I should mention that although GGT graphics are still supported, along with standard graphics and advanced graphics, the preferred graphics are MUI graphics and have been for 2-3 years

Post Likes
    The MUI doesn’t use the launcher. The SMP does need silverlight to view GGT graphics.
    So we just got a new NAE55 installed, you say there is some new HTML5 compatible browser? How do I access it? In chrome I typed in the NAE55's IP address and all I get is ""forbidden". Is a standard homepage?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VAEngineer View Post
    So we just got a new NAE55 installed, you say there is some new HTML5 compatible browser? How do I access it? In chrome I typed in the NAE55's IP address and all I get is ""forbidden". Is a standard homepage?
    The MUI lives on the server. Go to the server ip https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/UI
    Unfortunately the MUI wont fit in the NAE. There is talk about making it fit in the new supervisors (I forget what they are called) since they have more memory.
    What version of Metasys do you have? In my opinion MUI wasn't really ready for prime time until Metasys 9.0 (MUI 3.0) Metasys 10.0 is even better (MUI 4.0).
    The plan is to retire the SMP altogether post version 11.0...not sure exactly when. I'm mostly retired now and working on a few special projects and not "in the know on the BAS stuff as much anymore)
    SCT Pro is also adding functionality and is also HTML5 based and will be replacing SCT.
    I know you have some disdain for your local JCI branch, but maybe you can find one of them to walk you through the MUI basics.

Post Likes
    The MUI lives on the server. Go to the server ip https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/UI
    Unfortunately the MUI wont fit in the NAE. There is talk about making it fit in the new supervisors (I forget what they are called) since they have more memory.
    What version of Metasys do you have? In my opinion MUI wasn't really ready for prime time until Metasys 9.0 (MUI 3.0) Metasys 10.0 is even better (MUI 4.0).
    The plan is to retire the SMP altogether post version 11.0...not sure exactly when. I'm mostly retired now and working on a few special projects and not "in the know on the BAS stuff as much anymore)
    SCT Pro is also adding functionality and is also HTML5 based and will be replacing SCT.
    I know you have some disdain for your local JCI branch, but maybe you can find one of them to walk you through the MUI basics.
    Ahhh, I don't have a metasys server, just a bunch of NAE's, one of which I designated as a site director, but of course the JCI branch couldn't integrate the new NAE into my site director for some reason. My hospital has a N4 server that they (meaning JCI) are supposed to put the graphics and alarms on, of course they have no one Niagara certified so they hired a sub to do it, now the sub refuses to send a person to the site! They think they can create graphics and reports entirely off site somehow. This current project I have with them JCI has delayed the whole project by several months because they want to do what they want to do rather than what is in the contract. Integration has been a big sticking issue, but I just fired up the new AHU and I've already seen stuff like the return air damper being open when it shouldn't (this is for fresh air for a building so it should pretty much never be open), the energy wheel not running, then it starts up and but it also opens the bypass damper around the wheel whenever it runs! Temperature sensors with readings that just don't make sense (for instance OAT shows 73 degrees when it is 80+ degrees outside). So when you say I have disdain for the local branch it is not without reason.

18. Likes bigguy158 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sounds like you need a BAS extreme makeover

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VAEngineer View Post
    My hospital has a N4 server that they (meaning JCI) are supposed to put the graphics and alarms on, of course they have no one Niagara certified .....
    This current project I have with them JCI has delayed the whole project by several months because they want to do what they want to do rather than what is in the contract....
    So when you say I have disdain for the local branch it is not without reason.
    This is why I love coming behind a JCI guy. They condition the customers to have extremely low expectations. I look good when I show up with a pulse.
    It happens ALL THE TIME.
    You can be good and be a JCI guy, but you do not have to be good to be a JCI guy.
    Sorry VAEngineer!!

Post Likes
    I know this has been 3yr ago but I just wanted to post this in case someone else needed it.
    Go to your Microsoft Windows display settings and make sure it is set to 100%. I have found the issue is that some computers are set to 125% or 150%. This will change the way some things look on your screen but it will fill the graphics on the SMP. After that, click the 'Fit to window' button on your graphic and it should rescale it. And another thing that may help with your tablets is to 'eject' the left navigation pane in the SMP by clicking on the 'box with arrow' icon directly under 'Item' in the top left corner. You can then minimize the navigation window so you are left with a full screen graphic.
    Oh and one more thing. You can still get Silverlight from CNET. Don't get it from anywhere else because it's likely something you REALLY don't want.

22. Likes ControlsTech916 liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in