Thread: TRANE VOYAGER RTU

Post Likes

TRANE VOYAGER RTU

Hello
    I'm having trouble with a Trane Voyager RTU locking out. I'm not getting any flashing codes and when I cycle the power to reset it, the blower will come on after a few minutes and then it will lock out again. If I apply a jumper across the test terminals and let it cycle through a few stages and then cycle the main power, it will come on, bring on both compressors and run fine till I come back the next day only to find it locked out again.
    My knowledge of the controls on these is somewhat limited and it is 20 years old so the schematics on the back side off the door are unreadable. Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    When it operates what at the pressures and sh/sc for each circuit? Have you looked at the service manual? What are the model and serial numbers?

Post Likes
    What does your service provider say?

Post Likes
    UPDATE: Pressures were fine. After examining the RTRM board COM board for any burn evidence on the back, I tried my test mode and it would lock out a few seconds after the blower came on. Knowing that the economizer was the next stage, I unplugged it (it hasn't worked in years on this 2000 year model unit on the roof of the foundry) and the problem was solved.
    I'm still learning how to navigate this site and I hope to beg for help or shed some light on the future.
    Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    When giving your observations we need facts. Pressures were fine tells us nothing. Super heat, Sub cooling, TESP on and on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in