Post Likes
    Yes, We got 10 bottles last week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticBee View Post
    Yes, We got 10 bottles last week.
    Wow! Were they all 410 or are you seeing some others like 22

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mistake at the factory & a bunch of drums get mislabeled. Then we'll have to start doing a standing pressure test on every drum we get to be sure they're labeled right.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

4. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mistake at the factory & a bunch of drums get mislabeled. Then we'll have to start doing a standing pressure test on every drum we get to be sure they're labeled right.
    Dump it in, and hope to win!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rquave33 View Post
    Just another thing for a new helper/tired tech to mess up. Can see it now Bob Go paint the jugs the right color after a long day paints one the worng color and one late night I grab the worng tank.....yes it's hard to find good workers to hire in this field ��
    I I was thinking I use my own color code red for production stopped. Yellow for possible phase down. Green for good to go.

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Wow! Were they all 410 or are you seeing some others like 22

22 is no longer being manufactured. It will stay green. I'm a manager at a supply house. So far, the only grey tanks I have seen are 410a
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

8. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I thought one of the new requirements is the bottle was supposed to stay in the cardboard box it came in? (more so to keep them from rolling around) I've got two bottles of 134 sitting next to the door to go to the truck. On the top of the box it says: Cylinder to remain in the box. If true who care what color the bottle is as long as it has a label on it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    I thought one of the new requirements is the bottle was supposed to stay in the cardboard box it came in? (more so to keep them from rolling around) I've got two bottles of 134 sitting next to the door to go to the truck. On the top of the box it says: Cylinder to remain in the box. If true who care what color the bottle is as long as it has a label on it.
    My van floor space is too valuable, that’s why they make tank racks and mine also have it for nitrogen and oxy/acet...1 has it for recovery, the other recovery is strapped to the shelving on the floor

11. Likes rquave33 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Still doesn't mean mistakes won't happen. We received a pallet of 407C that was disguised as 404a. The factory put the wrong orange jugs in the boxes.

Post Likes
    The next time you get a new bottle, check the box before you tear it open, the labeling I've seen to "remain in box" is right on top where you grab the handle. The other side says, warranty is void if seal is broken. Tank ranks have been around for a lot longer that these label. I think I had torn about a dozen boxes open before I ever noticed it. I'm not saying I agree it needs to stay in the box, but what I'm curious about, is it a DOT requirement. So if you ever get pulled over by a DOT Enforcement guy ask them about it

Post Likes
    From the OSHA website

HSC-2012 Labeling requirements:
    The DOT has specification requirements (49 CFR 178.65) for how the cylinders are manufactured and also requires that the cylinder be encased in a strong non-bulk outer package that is labeled, "INSIDE CONTAINERS COMPLY WITH PRESCRIBED SPECIFICATIONS." 49 CFR 173.301(a)(9). The outer packages are designed to remain in place from shipment to disposal, so it is possible and intended that the refrigerant supplied in DOT-39 cylinders spend the entire life-cycle inside the fiberboard outer packaging.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    22 is no longer being manufactured. It will stay green. I'm a manager at a supply house. So far, the only grey tanks I have seen are 410a
    I was hoping you could clarify this...I know that r22 was no longer being manufactured but I thought it was still being recycled and put into new jugs. Is it not being recycled either?

"I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    I was hoping you could clarify this...I know that r22 was no longer being manufactured but I thought it was still being recycled and put into new jugs. Is it not being recycled either?

I imagine recycled 22 will be in grey jugs. Recycled 12 comes in grey jugs.

17. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It doesn’t bother me. I’ve been checking the label on the tank anyways, despite the color. I had a tank of 22 and 134a thank turned stainless steel color from not being used Fast enough. Also last year given a tank of 407 by mistake at a supply house. Messed up a few walk ins cuz I thought orange was only 404, never used 407 for conversions.

Post Likes
    It does say on the box to do not remove cylinder from box lmao. Lots of mixed refrigerants on accident will be happening.

Post Likes
    I haven’t seen the new ones yet..are they 30lb or 25lb total weight containers? Some mfg have been doing this I noticed..
    I do refrigerant counts monthly as inventory with my scale..30lb have 25 lbs of refrigerant and 25lb has 20.5lbs in it ..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

I heard this was to happen a few years back.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtleman View Post

I heard this was to happen a few years back.
    Uh oh! Looks like net weight is 24lbs..they are skimping/shaving 1 lb...I’m used to a full 25lbs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    Uh oh! Looks like net weight is 24lbs..they are skimping/shaving 1 lb...I’m used to a full 25lbs
    that doesn't seem a bit shady at all does it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    404A has always been 24lbs. 410A will continue to be 25, and 134A, R22, 409A etc will remain 30lbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast