Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: 410A CYLINDERS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas Flatlands
    Posts
    630
    Post Likes

    410A CYLINDERS

    Just got a new shipment of 410A and the cylinders are an off white color (Dynatemp brand). I thought the cylinder color was susposed to be constant to keep people puttin in the right stuff. Did i miss somethin here while workin 90 hr weeks, or can mfg's just paint cylinders whatever the hell they want? Or have I just missed out on something that has changed in the industry.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    347
    Post Likes
    X2. Same here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    romulus, mi
    Posts
    456
    Post Likes

  4. Likes bosey liked this post.
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas Flatlands
    Posts
    630
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by dkalasz View Post
    Thank you dkalasz guess I've been sleeping under a rock.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,523
    Post Likes
    Got my first gray jug of 410 yesterday. I understand their reasons for making everything gray but what happens when I pull a jug out that has been rattling around for a long time and no longer has the printed name of the refrigerant on the gray paint.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  7. Likes theoldscroll, stumpdigger liked this post.
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Likes
    Use a magic marker to make the type up by the valve , usually that area doesn’t get banged around.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes baby b liked this post.
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    30,426
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Got my first gray jug of 410 yesterday. I understand their reasons for making everything gray but what happens when I pull a jug out that has been rattling around for a long time and no longer has the printed name of the refrigerant on the gray paint.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Fluckem

    We didn’t create this night Mate

  11. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
  12. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    romulus, mi
    Posts
    456
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    Thank you dkalasz guess I've been sleeping under a rock.
    lol i just happened to do a search because you posted I didn't know about it either.
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    74
    Post Likes
    Stupidest thing ever. When it's an after hours emergency call at night the last thing I want to do is play find the right tank. It's so easy now look for the pink jug now we have to find the right label that's probably worn off...or spend time marking the tank...why not just go with like a two tone paint boom you now have double the color combos available...o it takes $1 more in paint set up probably...

    "The point is, for many stakeholders, this color designation became confusing. In fact, “more than half of respondents to an AHRI survey of refrigerant users found that container colors had caused confusion.”

    Yep no wonder we have so many bad techs they don't even know colors...

  14. Likes JayMan7, theoldscroll liked this post.
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,224
    Post Likes
    If you are color blind....nothing has changed.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  16. Likes JayMan7, Mr Bill, 2sac, BURL-REF, IceWhiteice liked this post.
  17. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,523
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rquave33 View Post
    Stupidest thing ever. When it's an after hours emergency call at night the last thing I want to do is play find the right tank. It's so easy now look for the pink jug now we have to find the right label that's probably worn off...or spend time marking the tank...why not just go with like a two tone paint boom you now have double the color combos available...o it takes $1 more in paint set up probably...

    "The point is, for many stakeholders, this color designation became confusing. In fact, “more than half of respondents to an AHRI survey of refrigerant users found that container colors had caused confusion.”

    Yep no wonder we have so many bad techs they don't even know colors...
    I wondered that too! Who are the ass hats taking a tank color survey. One survey found that 100% of surveys generate total bull shit statistics

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,523
    Post Likes
    And let me get this straight...they think that techs who are confused by colors can be relied upon to pick the correct gray jug out of the lot of gray jugs they have thrown into their van

    The real reason they're gray is because some legislative suit has got a brother who's a CEO of the manufacturer who makes the jugs. Well that dude figured he could save 10 cent per jug by only buying gray paint so presto we all get stuck with gray jugs hahahaha

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Likes
    Tin foil hat time a jug of one color called another jug a racist so the Government stepped in and now they are all the same sex just like the bathrooms. Maybe they are teaching this in school as well. One gas one world. Oh my god it’s spiraling out of control!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. Likes JayMan7, Answer-Man liked this post.
  21. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    74
    Post Likes
    Bet one company has the patent on that shade of gray paint or something

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    10
    Post Likes
    We engrave the type into the handle and cylinder at work. Makes it a little easier.

  23. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,523
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticBee View Post
    We engrave the type into the handle and cylinder at work. Makes it a little easier.
    I've only gotten 1 gray jug and Im the only one at my company to get one...have you all gotten so many by now that you're actually having to engrave them?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    3,350
    Post Likes
    I haven't got one yet but when I do I will either get some spray paint or a paint pen to mark it because I beat the snot out of my tanks and I don't want to have to identify them by pressure.

    Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    3,675
    Post Likes
    When are they going to come out with a "universal" refrigerant, to go with the universal tank color?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

  26. Likes R600a liked this post.
  27. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Garner NC
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Likes
    Looks like a Walmart trip for orange, pink n light green krylon, for the tank tops then, lol

  28. Likes R600a liked this post.
  29. #20
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    74
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    Looks like a Walmart trip for orange, pink n light green krylon, for the tank tops then, lol
    Just another thing for a new helper/tired tech to mess up. Can see it now Bob Go paint the jugs the right color after a long day paints one the worng color and one late night I grab the worng tank.....yes it's hard to find good workers to hire in this field ��

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •