+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overcharged system?

Post Likes

Overcharged system?

I recently installed a410 trane spilt unit a/c only. Measured limeset and turned unit on. Design subcool was 8.i was getting 0-2. I decided to add refrigerant. Up to 11oz then I finally hit 6sc. Was this the right move?

Post Likes
    How long was line set? After you measured The line set you could have calculated the amount of refrigerant to add.

Did you verify indoor air flow? What is the superheat? Outdoor ambient? Indoor WB & DB entering the coil? Supply air DB?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    I couldn't tell you indoor wet bulb but it was 88 outside and about 75 inside. Lineset was 60 feet long. I meant to say when I measured lineset the added charge was 1lb 11oz. After that I turned on unit and was getting 124 low and 290 high but nearly 0 sc. After about 30 minutes of no change then I decided to add refrigerant an ounce at at time waiting about 5- 10 minutes in between. Finally got it to 5.5-6 sc
    Last edited by Rgallagher06; 06-05-2020 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Add to response

Post Likes
    I never assume that the unit has the correct charge for 15 ft. of line set from the factory. Sometimes they are charged right on but not always. I've had units both over charged & under charged right out of the box.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

Post Likes
    Yes that sounds right. It just seemed after adding a couple ounces nothing changed until I got to about 8 or 9oz after the weighed in charge. It was relatively cool inside before the install but I wouldn't have gotten really low s.c. I'm just looking for advice because this was a first

Post Likes
    I've had units under and over charged out of the box as well. Check the manual, add what they say for additional length, and adjust as needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in