+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Rtwa Chhn compressor oil problems.

Post Likes

Trane Rtwa Chhn compressor oil problems.

Hi , I have recently carried out a repair on an Rtwa which has 2 x chhn 060 compressors. Repairs was replacing compressor center O ring. Replacing oil filter and oil housing gasket.
    I also replaced the discharge end plate gasket.
    I am now experiencing oil issues within compressor. There is no oil safety on these. I have checked the oil filter and oil cover gasket was installed correctly. Also the compressor center O ring replacement was straight forward following the IOM.The only other gasket changed other than suction and dischage valve gaskets was the first gasket behind discharge end plate which has the oil galleries. I have since noticed there is a 5mm metal plate behind that gasket which has a second gasket. Would anyone have a compressor manual for a chhn 060 with parts breakdown to see where the problem lies. I am hoping I have been sent the right gasket and still trying to get info from Trane.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    If you could post a Serial number and specifically what error codes or faults you are seeing that would help us know more about the issue.

Post Likes
    I believe you are having a controls issue. You are right in that vintage RTWA with CHHN compressors do NOT have an “Oil System” control. Check your complete chiller configuration settings against the actual chiller that you have. I’m betting it is configured for CHHB compressors, which do, in fact, have “Oil System” control. The on board battery on the main control board has probably died and when the power is off, like for compressor repairs, the chiller forgets who it is and throws up “Oil System Failure” alarm.
    Check all the configurations. There may be others that have reverted back to factory default settings. Good Luck.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Post Likes
    What kind of oil issues are you having?

Post Likes
    Double check gasket pastime we did one they gave us wrong gasket.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in