Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trane S9V2-VS cfm / tons led display

Hey guys, had a question regarding the led display on the S9V2-VS. I see CL1 flash followed by TP5. Am I corect to assume that means 1st stage cooling at 5 tons (2000 cfm) ? Or is it saying tps ( trane piece of $hit)? Haha. Just joking on the last part .

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS~HVAC View Post
    Hey guys, had a question regarding the led display on the S9V2-VS. I see CL1 flash followed by TP5. Am I corect to assume that means 1st stage cooling at 5 tons (2000 cfm) ? Or is it saying tps ( trane piece of $hit)? Haha. Just joking on the last part .
    Is that a f#cking tam unit (black composite cabinet)...if so then yes it means tps.

There should be a flash code on the inside of the air handler door. I should know off the top of my head but yes flashes do indicate air flow. Why are you asking?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its this furnace.
    https://www.trane.com/residential/en...naces/s9v2-vs/

I installed an air conditioner & coil 2 years ago & the customer thanked me by having another company replace there furnace over the winter. They had me out the other day to do a a/c service & I was checking to see if the goons who installed it just left it blowing at 5 tons , which I assume they did. The air conditioner is 3.5 tons. Not sure why I care since I got shafted on the furnace . I'm telling them to call the other guys back if they want it corrected anyway.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok gotcha. We've installed several of those, but not many. Vast majority of what we install is standard 95%

Man sometimes customers are so ignorant of basic basic tradesman etiquette. Did they even try and give you an excuse about why they used someone else?

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Ok gotcha. We've installed several of those, but not many. Vast majority of what we install is standard 95%

Man sometimes customers are so ignorant of basic basic tradesman etiquette. Did they even try and give you an excuse about why they used someone else?

NOpe.. But it's funny because it's matched up with a Goodman 13 seer that I installed . lol.... What dumbasses.. The odd couple..

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOpe.. But it's funny because it's matched up with a Goodman 13 seer that I installed . lol.... What dumbasses.. The odd couple..
    WOW...so they bought a goodman and then put that underneath it. That reminds me of working in super shitty trailer parks where you see Escalades in the driveway hahaha.

Sounds like somebody really sweet talked them into the premium furnace and walked away with some serious cash...what suckers.

7. Likes ECS~HVAC liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What that is telling you is on cooling 1st stg it is running on speed tap 5. You will have to look in the book to see what CFM it is pushing assuming you went so far as to check the ESP.

What a shame. Manufacturers go to all the work of putting info into the papers that come with equipment and the sales people, installers and techs aren't smart enough to read them.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last installers prolly didn’t leave the book for the original poster to look into so I’m going to guess that’s the case since he’s asking here. That seemed kinda hard on the fella without knowing if he did or not and just assuming that he did not. Ya know what they say about assuming,shouldn’t do it.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    The last installers prolly didn’t leave the book for the original poster to look into so I’m going to guess that’s the case since he’s asking here. That seemed kinda hard on the fella without knowing if he did or not and just assuming that he did not. Ya know what they say about assuming,shouldn’t do it.
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe I am just tired of people trash talking good equipment when they don't understand what they are working on rather than taking time to learn how it works. I did straight up answer his question didn't I after all. See the thing is speed tap 5 doesn't tell you a lot unless you know the ESP to know how much air it is moving and even then without the book your kinda stuck. Granted he didn't install the furnace but it also doesn't seem like he tried very hard to dig into how it works either.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    What that is telling you is on cooling 1st stg it is running on speed tap 5. You will have to look in the book to see what CFM it is pushing assuming you went so far as to check the ESP.

What a shame. Manufacturers go to all the work of putting info into the papers that come with equipment and the sales people, installers and techs aren't smart enough to read them.
    If I had access to the install manual I wouldn't be here asking for help , thanks..

12. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe I am just tired of people trash talking good equipment when they don't understand what they are working on rather than taking time to learn how it works. I did straight up answer his question didn't I after all. See the thing is speed tap 5 doesn't tell you a lot unless you know the ESP to know how much air it is moving and even then without the book your kinda stuck. Granted he didn't install the furnace but it also doesn't seem like he tried very hard to dig into how it works either.
    I Didn’t say you didn’t answer his question. It just seemed you were a little harsh for what appears to be no reason for. He did say he was just joking about trash talkin part as well. Just my observation is all.

14. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't trash talk anything Mr. know it all but thanks for chiming in. Why would I dig into anything when they paid one of my competitors to put in this furnace?? As an owner operator I don't have to put on the knee pads for people because they paid me $80 to service the air conditioner. I'm sure your white glove service includes getting jerked around doing product research during your free time while a smart ass gives you a hard time. Are you a Trane fan boy? Give me a break, lots of companies make good equipment. I am a Heil dealer but I am actually honest with my customers and tell em they're all about the same. They all break the same too.

16. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't trash talk anything Mr. know it all but thanks for chiming in. Why would I dig into anything when they paid one of my competitors to put in this furnace?? As an owner operator I don't have to put on the knee pads for people because they paid me $80 to service the air conditioner. I'm sure your white glove service includes getting jerked around doing product research during your free time while a smart ass gives you a hard time. Are you a Trane fan boy? Give me a break, lots of companies make good equipment. I am a Heil dealer but I am actually honest with my customers and tell em they're all about the same. They all break the same too.
    Exactly! You did the right thing!

18. Likes ECS~HVAC liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast