Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Why in God's name would anyone condemn that? It was a peaceful protests at its finest. No violence. No prolonged occupation. Showed the government, the dishonest press and ignorant Americans that law abiding gun owners can assemble in mass..... and nothing bad happened. The place was cleaner after they left.

It's EXACTLY how the Constitutionally protected right to peacefully assemble and protest should happen.

It was a beautiful thing. What sort of insane/dishonest human being would say otherwise?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I suppose they were within their rights to do so but the visual of heavily armed protesters, mostly white men, occupying a government building to a measured response by law enforcement is a particularly jarring one for many African Americans.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    I suppose they were within their rights to do so but the visual of heavily armed protesters, mostly white men, occupying a government building to a measured response by law enforcement is a particularly jarring one for many African Americans.
    Well then, African Americans should join them. They would be welcomed with open arms. Too bad the media, academia and entertainment has them so brainwashed they're confused about who their real enemy is.

Oops, look who I'm talking to. That was a waste of time.

“Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

3. Likes Tool-Slinger, lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Well then, African Americans should join them. They would be welcomed with open arms. Too bad the media, academia and entertainment has them so brainwashed they're confused about who their real enemy is.

Oops, look who I'm talking to. That was a waste of time.

Do you think law enforcement would have had the same measured response?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think law enforcement would have had the same measured response?
    If black people were there? Why would you think they wouldn't be?

In fact wasn't there a group of armed black protestors that showed up at the Michigan Stste Capital a couple weeks ago protesting the Arbery killing? I'm pretty sure things were fine.

“Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    The irony is that he didn't notice the article Mofo linked is actually about White Nationalists pretending to be Antifa... so the group advancing an agenda is on his side of the aisle.
    Assuming the article is accurate.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I agree with 83, that protest was nothing. The way it makes you feel, or how it looks... that is your personal bias against guns. The same with what is going on now, no one is condemning the peaceful protestors... but rather the rioters. And I will also say, the fact that many of the peaceful protestors give "cover" to the looters makes it more complicated.

However, this is what makes the protestors at the White House getting tear gassed so noteworthy. Saw someone say they didn't comply to commands from the secret service, which justified tear gas. Guess what, the MN gun/conservative protesters also didn't comply with everything they were asked to do. But both did so peacefully. Tear gas wasn't used on the conservative protesters and should not have been used at the White House. Passive resistance is a completely different animal altogether than the violence.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post

Lol... I don't want to get into details... but just LOL

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember some protests recently that included armed people occupying a State House. You know what I don't remember, the outrage and condemnation by conservatives. Funny how that works.
    I looked into that protest and they didn't break any laws. Guns were allowed in the building. While the presence of guns didn't necessarily make sense to me in the context of the protest, it was uneventful beyond "shock value".

Perhaps it does say something, though, that the protesters were able to control themselves enough to not invoke violence when it was so easily available to them as an option?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

10. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    This would be a good chance to do some research on it rather than just try to cast doubt on a subject that sheds unflattering light on the "far- right" (I certainly do not personally hold white supremacists in the same regard as conservatives, that's just how they are labeled, as you know).

12. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    This would be a good chance to do some research on it rather than just try to cast doubt on a subject that sheds unflattering light on the "far- right" (I certainly do not personally hold white supremacists in the same regard as conservatives, that's just how they are labeled, as you know).
    It's not "gas lighting" but rather "doubt lighting."

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into that protest and they didn't break any laws. Guns were allowed in the building. While the presence of guns didn't necessarily make sense to me in the context of the protest, it was uneventful beyond "shock value".

Perhaps it does say something, though, that the protesters were able to control themselves enough to not invoke violence when it was so easily available to them as an option?

Good observation...

I did not see many of those protests (conservatives carrying firearms into state legislature buildings)...
    However the videos I saw... there was more than enough intentional provoking...
    To trigger the protestors we have seen on the streets recently.

It would appear conservative protestors have more self control than liberal protestors...
    And, as usual, those irritating facts prove it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is interesting about this...

There are some that do not understand the difference between white supremacists and conservatives...
    Something, IMO, the MsM has carefully taught folks that do not bother to research beyond soundbytes...

Note... not talking to you Shell... using your post as a base to make the point.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Lol... I don't want to get into details... but just LOL
    An example of an unproductive response that detracts from the point. How does derision serve any purpose, other than to advertise one's personal issues? If you have a point that you believe others miss, even repeatedly, allowing your frustration to dictate your response doesn't put them on track, it diverts the discussion, and you lose the ground you hoped to gain. Do you understand that?

Point taken, on both counts (you and David). I perused the article too quickly and commented prematurely.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast