+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Installations.

Post Likes

Some Installations.

Name:  20181215_140238.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  64.9 KB
    I do not have a contractor licence BUT I'm not a hvac hack either.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    What is that?
    It looks like the vent pipe is headed into the floor. And that stuff all over?

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Looks like they built it into a floating dock. I’m impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    What is that?
    It looks like the vent pipe is headed into the floor. And that stuff all over?

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk
    In the winter with just a day or two when it rains the heat furnace won't work because the crawlspace is flooded. The flue pipe is blocked by flooded water hence the draft inducer throws a code.When I came back for the 2nd time I asked the landlord either he needs a 90% condensing furnace so I can vent the PVC flue pipe horizontally to the outside wall or I can build a sump pump to pump the water out every time when it rains. he went with a sump pump because he decided not to keep the house anymore.
    The condenser pad in the picture was put in there so i can sit on it while working on the furnace.

Post Likes
    Just imagine your liability if this furnace has a major malfunction causing serious property damage or death and you were the last tech there.

Is this a rental property?
    "Compressors never die; they're always murdered!" - Glenn Hannegan Jr

Post Likes
    Is that vent pipe really going downward into the ground? Where does it end up? How in the holy hell is that supposed to work?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Is that vent pipe really going downward into the ground? Where does it end up? How in the holy hell is that supposed to work?
    Yes it's a rental house.
    The vent pipe went downward to hit the ground then went horizontally under the evap coil to the other side then upward through the floor and chimney.The problem with the contractor was he did not have enough clearance to vent the pipe upward right out of the furnace.The landlord got fed up with the contractor so he called me to help him.On my first call I was too lazy to just pumping the water out of the crawlspace and hoping (I was WRONG !!)that the crawlspace won't flooded again

Post Likes
    I wouldn’t even touch that thing. Red tag, lockout, walk away.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

9. Likes kdean1, ksefan, BALloyd, RMSG01 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is this the kind of work you want to do, kdang?

This installation borders on the criminal.
    I wouldn't trust the electrical wiring in this house...
    "Compressors never die; they're always murdered!" - Glenn Hannegan Jr

Post Likes
    You can't go downwards with venting. Always gotta be upwards. Its the law!

12. Likes RMSG01 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i would have spun that AH 180 degrees so the vent was up..facing the right way also..then ran a small pitched ditch/channel to an outside wall at its lowest elevation to go outside with 3' pvc through the foundation and bill the customer...ive done it before because mold is a huge health risk, especially being a rental that the guy could write off...no excuses...

i have done 10 that way when doing residential..with water problems under it...my health is at risk also...i always sleeved the copper and low voltage in 1/2' liquidtite through the foundation with 3" pvc anyway.. rotohammer with a 3" round, 18" long bit also...best investment ever, and a pump sprayer with water to reduce the dust..nice and clean that way..

14. Likes RMSG01, kdang liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdang View Post
    Name:  20181215_140238.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  64.9 KB
    I do not have a contractor licence BUT I'm not a hvac hack either.
    I just noticed the flue pipe, hopefully that water is there to act as a filter... O.o

Post Likes
    In the winter with just a day or two when it rains the heat furnace won't work because the crawlspace is flooded. The flue pipe is blocked by flooded water hence the draft inducer throws a code.When I came back for the 2nd time I asked the landlord either he needs a 90% condensing furnace so I can vent the PVC flue pipe horizontally to the outside wall or I can build a sump pump to pump the water out every time when it rains. he went with a sump pump because he decided not to keep the house anymore.
    The condenser pad in the picture was put in there so i can sit on it while working on the furnace.
    Man this is crazy! If I did something like this, code enforcement would call me from the job site after the other company called them and make me fix it for free! I realize, maybe it wasn't flooded at the time on installation, but I am of the mindset, it had to show water marks from where it does flood every year.

Post Likes
    Yes it's a rental house.
    The vent pipe went downward to hit the ground then went horizontally under the evap coil to the other side then upward through the floor and chimney.The problem with the contractor was he did not have enough clearance to vent the pipe upward right out of the furnace.The landlord got fed up with the contractor so he called me to help him.On my first call I was too lazy to just pumping the water out of the crawlspace and hoping (I was WRONG !!)that the crawlspace won't flooded again
    Sounds like magic bullet theory only applied to vent pipe LOL Yeah, I can see the HOPE it wont flood again, sometimes we learn what to do, the hard way, but we learn and the next time, we just do it right and cut out half of the hassle and it's commendable that you would accept responsibility of being lazy, but you figured out, lazy cost more hassle in the long run. In this situation, I always ask myself, "Self? How did that water get down here?" one time, myself answered and i hit my head 3 times getting out from under the house!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in