Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually what the medical community was saying in the very beginning. The idea was to 'flatten the curve' so hospitals would not be overwhelmed, but that yes, sooner or later, everyone was going to get the Rona. As it was, except for maybe in places like the hottest of the hot zones in NY city, the hospitals never saw the overwhelming in the emergency ward.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    You have to take into account the inevitable. Did worldwide action prevent the virus or slow it down. If the virus is going to run it's course then calculating the cost of life is meaningless. I hope I'm wrong but think the virus will run it's course.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my age it's not the best thing for the virus to run it's course but what will be will be.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some studies or lab tests that were done early on that ended up being a bit misleading. For example, the life of The Rona. Early on, they were talking about hours. Then they were saying up to days under right conditions.

What were those right conditions? In a carefully controlled lab. Add to that this next point, and I wouldn't doubt that this is why the actual death rate is so low. They might be able to keep The Rona alive for days, but it becomes so weak, your body can easily defend against it and buid the antibodies.

So, let's extend that to the initial findings that Rona can stay alive for few hours on metal surfaces like door handles. How many of those 'few hours' is it actually strong enough where your body cannot defend against itself?

So yes, it is highly contagious. But it also becomes weak very fast. I suspect that's why so many people have the antibodies, yet did not show any symptoms. Heck, if you get the chance to have yourself checked for the antibody, that would tell you how concerned you need to be.

I'd have myself checked, but last I heard, it would cost me $125.

Here's another little factoid. The Rona only can stay alive for ten minutes in direct sunlight. I think that test was for if someone coughs and the droplets fall onto the ground. Likely if they were on your skin, they could live longer, but that's just a guess. So, hey, a brisk walk in bright sunshine could have more than one health benefit!

At my age it's not the best thing for the virus to run it's course but what will be will be.

4. Likes ga-hvac-tech, WAYNE3298 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was never convinced the virus could live for hours or days out in the open, although i still took precautions. then when they said if someone expelled the virus into the open air it would linger there for up to 10 minuets i knew they where full of it. im not convinced the virus can live 10 minuets in direct sunlight.
    Go Trump

6. Likes WAYNE3298 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    i was never convinced the virus could live for hours or days out in the open, although i still took precautions. then when they said if someone expelled the virus into the open air it would linger there for up to 10 minuets i knew they where full of it. im not convinced the virus can live 10 minuets in direct sunlight.
    I do not doubt that it could last 10 minutes in the sunlight on a small droplet. But how long would it actually be viable? Maybe only the 1st 2 or 3 minutes? Sort of like somebody in the hospital in a coma is still alive, but that doesn't mean that person is viable.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what Doris said!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12